The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Megan Cat-Back Exhaust

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 26 of 26
    eclipse 2000-2005
    Bryan - TGCWI - 6g72 5 speed

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3376567

Quote Originally Posted by galant108 View Post
    what car and year do you search to find megan headers to fit our car? Eclipse? But idk what year?
    but you if you have a cali spec car it will not fit. So if you have a top cat, and a bottom cat you cannot uses the megan headers without modification

Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    but you if you have a cali spec car it will not fit. So if you have a top cat, and a bottom cat you cannot uses the megan headers without modification
    I'm pretty sure my car is local and I'm in Iowa. So if I purchase the 2000 - 2005 eclipse headers they will fit flush with the cat back exhaust made for the g?
    2000 G-lant ES

you will have to bore the 4 outer holes of the headers to get them to fit over the bolts if your V6(not sure bout I4). and make sure ALL of your motor mounts are in good condition, if even one is blown out it throws the engine angle off and you cant get the headers on properly. they sit very very very close to the Intermediate shaft. again thats all for V6.(not sure for I4)

Quote Originally Posted by galant108 View Post
    I'm pretty sure my car is local and I'm in Iowa. So if I purchase the 2000 - 2005 eclipse headers they will fit flush with the cat back exhaust made for the g?
    Looks for the cats before buying, my car was a pennsylvania car its whole life and it is a cali spec car. 90% or so of all galants and eclipses are cali spec. The header wilt up to the stock downpipe, which then will bolt to the cat back.

i know its a lil late, but .. i have the short ram on my 6g72, full megans system (megans header back to 3" pipe to muffler). its loud/ loose, cuz bad engine mount vibrations. deep tone, cracks and pops so often and adds cabootles worth of top speed gains. i wouldn't have done it any other way. except knew mounts first. lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12