The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Unknown engine plug

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 56 of 56
    I'm going to do that when i change the oil pan. I will do a engine oil flush and going to tell them to put 4 quart of 5w30 and one of lucas.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    I would only run a half container of lucas because that shit is THICK. When I had my stock 8g I can 10w30 in the summer and 5w30 in the winter.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Quote Originally Posted by Isaurio View Post
    umm i believe i have the 10w30. synthetic blend.. Dam dont tell me i'm putting the wrong shit. ??????
    10w30 can be used if needed. But if you look at the specs for 5w30 and 10w30 there isn't much difference at all. The problem is in the winter the thicker weight oil tends to not move as easily. Even still the freeze point and boiling point of 5w30 is only marginally different than 10w30. Then if you use a synthetic like AMSoil, it makes changing the oil weight and viscosity used even less reason to use anything other than 5w30.

Bad news. I change oil pump and light still comes on. Checked crankshaft bearings and they look a lil scratch up. I guess new engine for me.

SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Experienced TGC Member 99galantES's Avatar
    That shit sucks did you make sure the plug to the oil pressure switch is intact mine was barely attached and made the light come on

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    Bad news. I change oil pump and light still comes on. Checked crankshaft bearings and they look a lil scratch up. I guess new engine for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by 99galantES View Post
    That shit sucks did you make sure the plug to the oil pressure switch is intact mine was barely attached and made the light come on
    Sucks. Looks like you both are in the same boat. Sorry bro

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

If you changed the pump and still get low oil pressure at idle that means one of the bearings is misaligned or damaged which is causing too much oil flow thru that bearing. A being with normal wear will show a slightly "shaded" area of which is worn, a damaged bearing will show actual scratches in the bearing surface and you should also see some metallic flakes in the oil as well. When time comes to switch the engine, save the oil one, I bet it would be great for a performance shortblock build, I bet the crank could be saved with a polish or a .010 undercut.
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Icon9

It's only a matter of time before that engine goes i keep telling him to take my old block and build it but for some reason he don't wanna listen to me. Stop procrastinating and do it before you find yourself stuck with no car!

Quote Originally Posted by deeznutz View Post
    It's only a matter of time before that engine goes i keep telling him to take my old block and build it but for some reason he don't wanna listen to me. Stop procrastinating and do it before you find yourself stuck with no car!
    Lol. Yea yea. Is all about the bread

Project Evogalant is activated. Yeah let's take your block and rebuild it 2.5l. I'm going to start little by little collecting parts. 5 speed parts is almost done. Also I have my eye on a good deal on a Evo head, going to buy it today. Let's see if member goes through. I will keep u updated.

Stewi. Yes is was lil line on the crank not noticeable but u could feel it with your finger nails. For now I'm going to run thicker oil.

SOHC Turbo

Sell yourself on the corner...

Whats with everyone and their "2.5 builds"? LOL... I've been seeing alot of that lately. The 2.4 isnt really a 2.4, its a little under 2.4, im not sure where this internet phenomenon is coming from, but when you go .020 over on a 4G64 it doesnt become a 2.5l. End Rant.

On a serious note, let me know if you need help selecting/locating parts and what not. I know of a really good machine shop that has put together alot of 4G64 bottom ends (he did mine, XD_01's and Goosey's) He's not cheap, but he's not over-priced either. Turn around time is usually about 1 month, sometimes even faster.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    Whats with everyone and their "2.5 builds"? LOL... I've been seeing alot of that lately. The 2.4 isnt really a 2.4, its a little under 2.4, im not sure where this internet phenomenon is coming from, but when you go .020 over on a 4G64 it doesnt become a 2.5l. End Rant.

On a serious note, let me know if you need help selecting/locating parts and what not. I know of a really good machine shop that has put together alot of 4G64 bottom ends (he did mine, XD_01's and Goosey's) He's not cheap, but he's not over-priced either. Turn around time is usually about 1 month, sometimes even faster.
    you mean fully balanced, polished crank? boring dip tank and i'm missing something...

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Yea stewi I will need your advice and where to get parts. First I'm going to start with the block so pm me the info about where and how much to get the block done. Also what custom pistons and rods to get. I will be a lot of work but anything is possible.

SOHC Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by galantman03 View Post
    you mean fully balanced, polished crank? boring dip tank and i'm missing something...
    pretty much a complete short block assembly and required machine work. block surface is deckd, all freeze and block off plugs are removed, block is bored, honed and hot tanked, all oil and coolant passages are cleaned with a wire brush, freeze plugs replaced, all bolt holes are chased, crank polished and balanced, rotating assembly parts balanced to within 1gram, all assembled and ready for a head and oil pan, includes cost of bearings, I supplied the rest and parts and I think the total for machine work, bearings and assembly was about $800.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Yea stewi I will need your advice and where to get parts. First I'm going to start with the block so pm me the info about where and how much to get the block done. Also what custom pistons and rods to get. I will be a lot of work but anything is possible.
    I cant pm you because I dont have patron status yet : (

You are in luck though. All the parts you need are off the shelf now, nothing custom is needed. Also, you can buy the rods first, but dont order the pistons until the machine shop checks the block. God forbid the block needs to go .030 or .040 over, you dont want to order .020 over pistons, you'd be screwed.
    Last edited by Stewi; 12-12-2010 at 09:54 PM
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Thanks bro. Hope not. I will start saving up for project. Let's keep on touch

SOHC Turbo

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123