The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Your opinion, on the best breaks and belts for galant

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 32
    KMD20

Your opinion, on the best breaks and belts for galant

Ay, I need to replace my front and later my rear breaks, they already started to squeak and once I even heard a knocking sound, don't know if it's related to it, or maybe it was a bad road...
    well, Mitsubishi delaer offered me to do change front breaks and rotors for 400$ but i guess it could be done cheaper at a mechanic, and I was thinking to bring my own breaks from ebay or adavanced autoparts... so which are the best

and they said the same for the timing and driving belt, 400$ for both... crazy expensive... so what are some good belts for galant, that would fit?

I also need to do break flush 100$, power steering flush100$, fuel injection 140$ and rear breaks trimming or something like that 260$?

i have 68,000 miles on a 2004 galant ES.... so which parts should i do now?

Thanks...

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    the best "breaks"?? the ones that never happen :)

haha jk jk. I'm not too good with the whole braking system so I can't make any recommendations.

For the timing belt though, I think it's best to go with OEM.

Go OE on belts... I have drilled and slotted rotors from ebay and they are great. If you get pads from advance, go Wagner ceramic
    -Andrew

KMD20
    thanks for advices.... so OE is originals right? But how can I tell???

and I found MAC AUTO PARTS for 100 $ + 40 shipping = front and read rotors + pads

KIT INCLUDES:
    2x 5399 Premium Front Rotors
    2x 31360 Premium Rear Rotors
    1x MD866 Front Pads 4Pc set
    1x MD383 Rear Pads 4Pc Set

is this a good deal?

I got my drilled & slotted rotors along with some nice pads from R1Concepts.... One of the vendors on here... Great customer service... Id recommend them.

Quote Originally Posted by BayAreaGalant View Post
    I got my drilled & slotted rotors along with some nice pads from R1Concepts.... One of the vendors on here... Great customer service... Id recommend them.
    Yeah if you can go with a vendor on here, go for it. I didn't get anything from a vendor on here because i did not know TGC existed at the time (how did i survive?)
    -Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by KMD20 View Post
    thanks for advices.... so OE is originals right? But how can I tell???

and I found MAC AUTO PARTS for 100 $ + 40 shipping = front and read rotors + pads

KIT INCLUDES:
    2x 5399 Premium Front Rotors
    2x 31360 Premium Rear Rotors
    1x MD866 Front Pads 4Pc set
    1x MD383 Rear Pads 4Pc Set

is this a good deal?
    OEM stands for Original Equipment Manufacturer. You just have to ask for it... OE is usually better than Aftermarket (AM)
    -Andrew

KMD20
    do i need to have a certain post count to see the vendors here?

KMD20
    Title: MITSUBISHI GALANT 2004 Front Brake Pads - Axxis/PBR Deluxe
    Sku: 107.08660
    Desc: Ceramic Formula

Title: MITSUBISHI GALANT 2004 Front Brake Rotors - Cross-Drilled & Slotted
    Sku: EDS.46061
    Desc: Cross-Drilled & Slotted Brake Rotors

this 2 would work? for 158 and free shipping

and i found a belt at mitsubishi parts center for 50$.... is it a legit site? anyone knows?

Get the Brake rotors through r1concepts here, front drilled and slotted will work fine, PM Steven and ask him for a quote shipped to your location. Go for Akebono from Advance auto parts. Order it online and pick up in store, and use the discount code ES123 to get a $20 off $50 and you will get your Akebonos for the cheapest price.

Belts use the site http://www.oemmitsubishiparts.com/ Best prices and fast shipping and great customer service. You can also use eBay, but buy gates or bando, good brands that basically make belts for the Car companies.
    Last edited by tamim13; 12-05-2010 at 12:50 PM

hawk pads with centric rotors.... non slotted.

belts, go with oem
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tamim13 View Post

Belts use the site http://www.oemmitsubishiparts.com/ Best prices and fast shipping and great customer service.
    I was going to post this, but you beat me to it. That website has awesome prices for OEM parts.

KMD20
    Server Error

Either the Macromedia application server(s) are unreachable or none of them has a mapping to process this request. (oemmitsubishiparts.com) is not working

is it going back online ????

but thanks nonetheless.... tamim 13 especially

Bad luck man, never seen the site down. Should be up on Monday I'm sure.

KMD20
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

so this would be good? Except it's suspect with such a low price... but then it's just piece of rubber...

for the timing belt, go to www.rockauto.com

I recommend purchasing the gates timing belt kit. Which is approx $50. Google search a rockauto discount code and use that in the "how did you hear about us" section. Price should be close to $55 after shipment and that will come with 2 of the pulleys you will need to replace.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

You do know, that the dealer quoted you $400 for the timing and drive belts including labour right? The timing belt is cheap, it's the labour that racks up the price to $400. Also when you are doing the timing belt, it would be a good idea to replace the water pump also.

KMD20
    ye ofcourse, but still.. the belt is 7$ ok, 2 pulleys for 50$ so the labor is 350 ??? probably not...
    i guess with a water pump OEM will work, right?

At the dealer, that's usually the price for labour for a timing belt/water pump change, they quoted me $900 for the timing belt, water pump and drive belts. Even an independent mechanic charges me $350 labour for all that.

Water pump, stick with OEM, but it's going to cost you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast