The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Current 8G Recalls... Just for info.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 39 of 39
    Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

Old thread but I just read it and am happy to see that my car was not involved in any of the recalls.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

my center speaker went out to :x

Experienced TGC Member glantv699's Avatar
    So I went to the dealership saturday, and scheduled an appointment. The Mitsu guy was busy so they said call him up today. Well I did, and I got some weak ass news.

My primary concern is the 99V305 recall, with the faulty multi-function levers....my left signal doesn't self-cancel and my high beams come on if it slips the slightest bit into a forward position or whatever (hot summer day, expansion.....I had to jump the car several times in the past).

Anyways, the guy ran my car through the system and said the turn signal lever had already been replaced, 12/03. I bought the car used in 6/04. So I ask: is there any kind of warranty? Yes-12,000 miles (1 year)....well that's just fucking wonderful.

Windshiled wiper lever- COMPLETELY rocketed forward and I'm guessing a spring inside is busted, thank goodness my wipers still work but the washing function does not. This is covered under the recall, it has never been replaced, but he said it isn't showing up on there so he can't do much.

So I think I'll call Customer Care or whatever number he gave me, hell I just wanna get through to some part of headquarters and let them know I'm not paying for broken shit they knew would break....it's an inconvenience AND SAFETY HAZZARD to me (flashing the highs unknowingly at a driver....omgwtf?!?! accident?)

YEAH, so that's my rant and hopefully I can get things figured out. I'm tired of dealing with two crapped out switches.

> TGCPA - SOUTHEAST
    > 2010 Evolution X SE #183 of 340 (1 of 54 in Octane Blue)
    > 1999 ES V6 (Sold 2/2011)

thx

man thx my stop light blew today gonna go to stealer and get that fixed
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    i know a guy that saw a guy that knew a guy that once passed by a car that had been painted. Ill ask him tomorrow after consulting my magic ball to determine WHERE YOU LIVE in proximity to a paint shop NEAR WHERE YOU LIVE..................

any gas door recalls
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

Quote Originally Posted by lonestar22 View Post
    any gas door recalls
    yeah no shit! Mine is broken

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    mine broke too when my dad had it, ins covered it and the metal one got replaced with a polyurethene/plastic one

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crisby_GTZ View Post
    also, anyone have a problem with their front dash speaker? i know 3 at my collge, including me, with 02 galants where the dash speaker was busted...just wondering if anyone else here had that problem? i figure it's gonna be a fortune to replace so i just disconnected it..
    what models/years of the 8g had the center speakers?

Quote Originally Posted by fliegendaffe View Post
    what models/years of the 8g had the center speakers?
    I believe it depends on the package, but it was part of the Infinity Sound. Perhaps the GTZ and LS models, 02-03?

The center on my 03 blew out the first weekend I owned the car, I disconnected it. I've seen replacements go for up to $100 for stock replacement, which is crazy, especially if it's the same exact speaker. It'll just blow again.

Disco'd!

could have sweared i saw a recall about 2002 galants..

Quote Originally Posted by keta11 View Post
    could have sweared i saw a recall about 2002 galants..
    random and i think you mean swore you saw one

lol @ sweared, i know this is an old post but im glad i just found this not only because its about Recalls but my gas mileage has been awkwardly bad...i figured it was a leak so ill get this checked out 2morro cause id really rather not want to go BOOM
    ~Gabe

When I feel like eating a banana, I like to go to the zoo, sucker punch a gorilla and try to run with a banana hanging out my bum. Then if I succeed, I enjoy my victory with said banana and a stroopwaffle.

Don't know if anyone else here has this problem but my horn comes on and stays on on it's own the only way to stop it is to pull the fuse out and less the 6 months ago a guy down the street had the same thing happen to his galant at like 4 a.m mine is an 01 I don't know what year his is.

Blog Entries
    I'm simply replying to this so I can remember to call that number sometime this week and check and see if my car's in the clear. It's always nice to double check lol

I just seen this thread and i think my car was in one of the electrical recalls. None of my exterior / interior lights will work without the key being in the turned on position. My interior dome light wont come on at all. Even if the car is on. Hopefully its not too late for a dealer to fix this

All recalls must be performed by the dealership at no cost, at any time, by federal law.

Thanks for the info . That's good to know hopefully its a defect on the recall list that is making my electric problems happen

Quote Originally Posted by marcopolo23 View Post
    I just seen this thread and i think my car was in one of the electrical recalls. None of my exterior / interior lights will work without the key being in the turned on position. My interior dome light wont come on at all. Even if the car is on. Hopefully its not too late for a dealer to fix this
    Had a problem with the dome light on my 2000 V6 Galant. The car just died while driving in commute traffic. Had to have it towed to the dealer. Low and behold it ended up being the dome light failure. After the dealer replaced it the car ran fine. Got to love Mitsubishi Engineers.

Seems there's only 1 recall for the 2001 I have a 2001 v6 ES model

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12