The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Suspension Setup-What Do You Think ?

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

Suspension Setup-What Do You Think ?

Well,I just wanna get everybody's opinion bout this setup I am bout to put on my car
    Skunk2 coilover sleeves
    KYB shocks
    I been dying to drop my car.Some of my Honda friends tells me thats a great setup.I am new to galants and cars,just want to keep an open mind.What Do ya Think ?

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    Im not a big Skunk2 fan at all, but what I would do as a set up for a G is the KYB AGX shocks and struts/w eibach springs from a 2000-05 eclipse that has a 1.6'' drop. Im also not a big fan of lowering a car so ridicules that when you drive off the drive way the front bumper scrapes on the drive way or road. With that set up you should do just fine if you like. Even with my 1.2'' drop it still rubs here and there and towing is a bitch but if it was me 1.2'' or 1.6'' drop should be nice. You can also do coilovers which is what alot of people have done, but thats also up to you. Goodluck

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

^^ x2 didn't even lowered mine yet, after doing my front jdm conversion i've scraped mine a few times already leaving on and off the parking lot or driveway. Definitely will not lowered mine more than 2". Well then again thats up to you.

-RON

blue8g
    Coil-over sleeves are garbage 90% of the time

Also, from my experience Skunk2 makes GREAT (full) coil-overs for Honda/Acura, but for everything else they leave a lot to be desired

Quote Originally Posted by blue8g View Post
    Coil-over sleeves are garbage 90% of the time

Also, from my experience Skunk2 makes GREAT (full) coil-overs for Honda/Acura, but for everything else they leave a lot to be desired
    Thats what am saying what if it is a piece of ****.For Hondas they are good.Well,wish me luck because I already bought the skunk2 coilovers...

I also do not want to drop the car so much I can't even drive through the ramp of mcdonalds lol.The only reason I want to drop it a bit because when I am in High speeds,when I make turns I feel like the back is pulling the car.Like car is dancing lol
    Last edited by Malcriaoxx; 12-06-2010 at 09:03 PM

quality issues aside, the design of the skunk2 sleeves (too short, too hard spring rate) will blow any stock length damper u put them on (including AGX KYB). the only shocks that have a chance of lasting more than a few months are short body dampers... the problem is, the only short body dampers available for our platform cost around as much as full coilovers which include short body dampers.

also, if the rear of your car is "dancing" it might be your alignment is off. go get a 4 wheel alignment. alternatively it could be that your rear shocks are already blown and it is causing your rear to bounce on bumps. typically our cars are set up for slight understeer from factory... do you have a thicker rear away bar?

No sway bar that I know of...Also the back is align and my shocks are great condition,I hardly even feel the bumps.My suspension is good no problems at all.But I just want to upgrade xD.But damn I am going to see what can I do with this coilovers then.

If anything reelax thanks for the info.I am most likely just start saving for megan or some ksport coilovers

Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar
    i have k sport coilovers, I love them! I am very happy that I did not get springs/struts combo. I can adjust almost everything on coilovers, they are amazing.

Experienced TGC Member Rach3T8G's Avatar
    I have KYB GR-2s w/ Tein springs...I like the setup but I want coilovers now because they're a bit more stiff
    - Chris -
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT: My DD
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT

Ok you got Ksport stop rubbing it on my face lol.I am stuck with this skunk2 shits atleast I got a sticker lmao.

I don't want noo springs due to the fact I live in NY and the snow coming soon snow + Lowering springs= Bad Idea lol
    Well Ksports Here we Come !

thats funny i just went "more low" like 2 weeks ago f! the snow ill still drive around.

I wonder if lancer, evo struts/shocks are shorter and will fit the galant anybody know?

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

also why would you want to go so low if you can't even go through the mcdonalds drive thru...or even take it to a car wash...
    Last edited by Malcriaoxx; 12-07-2010 at 07:39 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Malcriaoxx View Post
    Thats what am saying what if it is a piece of ****.For Hondas they are good.Well,wish me luck because I already bought the skunk2 coilovers...

I also do not want to drop the car so much I can't even drive through the ramp of mcdonalds lol.The only reason I want to drop it a bit because when I am in High speeds,when I make turns I feel like the back is pulling the car.Like car is dancing lol
    Did you ever install the Skunk2 Coilover Sleeves and KYB GR2 shocks/struts? I have looked at this same set-up and was wondering if it was too stiff and if the coilover sleeves damaged the struts/shocks? I don't really want to lower my 8g...I really just want to level it out. There is way to much room between the front fender and top of the tire! I just got some 17's on her and it looks better than it did with the 15's but I still need to lower it just a tiny bit and get it leveled out. I figured coilovers or coilover sleeves would be the only way to get it right. The price of full coilovers has me at odds right now. Thanks!