The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 7g but with 4g63 sohc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 37
    Ironzep

7g but with 4g63 sohc

Hey guys,

Im new to this forum and I've got a 7g Galant Gsr (New Zealand new)

It runs the 4g63 sohc which is lacking in the power department so im looking for some simple cheap mods to improve the power, for now i want to keep it NA.

I know this probably isn't the right place to look because all you guys have is the 2.4L model.

But if you could either point me in the right direction in this forum or give me some ideas for some simple cheap mods it would be much appreciated.

Cheers

well it doesnt really matter where you look (here) none of us have ever seen that motor. We only got the 2.4 and the only variation was SOHC (the norm) or DOHC (1 year production) doubt we can be much help! But as far as styling and other things....your in the right place! LOL Welcome

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

Experienced TGC Member Rach3T8G's Avatar
    WelCome 2 TGC!!

Sent from Blackberry using Tapatalk
    - Chris -
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT: My DD
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT

welcome men:D, have pics? :p

-Mitsubishi Galant LS 1994 a/t [ SOLD ]

If its fuel injected then it has a distributor. If its this kind of engine then everything youll find in this forum applies for your engine. Im sure they even look identical. Bigger Throttle body, Exhaust, Headers, CAI, turbo, even DOHC swap will be the same for you .

It all depends on what youre looking to do it and how much of a commitment you have

If it has carburetor, then IDK how much of a help we will be. The options then are very limmited
    Last edited by mko; 12-07-2010 at 11:39 AM
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Ironzep
    Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    If its fuel injected then it has a distributor. If its this kind of engine then everything youll find in this forum applies for your engine. Im sure they even look identical. Bigger Throttle body, Exhaust, Headers, CAI, turbo, even DOHC swap will be the same for you .

It all depends on what youre looking to do it and how much of a commitment you have

If it has carburetor, then IDK how much of a help we will be. The options then are very limmited
    Its definately fuel injected, So are you saying that even though my engine uses the 2.0 block, alot of the stuff is going to be the same? or just similar?

I assume the easiest thing to do would be a CAI, so that going to be first on the list.
    Last edited by Ironzep; 12-08-2010 at 12:03 AM

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    Welcome to TGC! We got some sick 7g's here just look around.

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Welcome.

Is it 5 speed? If not, do a trans swap and that will make better use of the power that is there. Out of curiosity....what is the hp rating on that engine stock?

Ironzep
    Thanks for the welcomes guys! Its 5 speed which is a big bonus. I just looked it up and apparently its 137hp or 101kw. the engine bay layout is exactly the same as your guys 2.4 so I'm gonna get one of those kits of ebay and install that first.

The ebay kits are expensive. Just get a couple of couplers, some exhaust piping, the MAS adapter and a filter. 2.5'' pipes will do it

Build Thread

got pics of the car? engine bay too

Ironzep
    I'll try and get some pics tomorrow.

One of those ebay kits for an eclipse is only 70 USD with shipping to NZ, with the NZD being quite strong and USD weak right now its probably the cheapest easyist option.

TGC Regular
    my 6gen had a 4g63 sohc 8 vavle in it

Im sure he has the 16V SOHC

Build Thread

Welcome to TGC!

Probably your cheapest route to real power gains would be a used 4G63-T swap out of an Evo 1-3 with an appropriate ECU. I know you said you want to stay non-turbo but that will still be your best bet in the long run. You can try adding little HP gains here and there on the N/A motor but you'll spend more and get less.

If you're eager to start modifying then suspension work is a good first step. You'll have a lot more fun putting what power you do have down to the ground. After that save up for the turbo conversion (or a used Evo... wish we had those earlier gens here!)
    - Nick, 94 Galant ES - 4G64 DOHC Turbo AWD, E3-16G & Manifold, 780cc inj, fmic, DS-MAP Speed Density

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge..." - Charles Darwin

welcome
    Nobody built like u, u desighn ur self.

5spd swap
    full custom body conversion
    18x9 Works VS
    Big 16g evo3T next project

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    Im sure he has the 16V SOHC
    true. I have heard of that motor. That was never released in the usdm market ?

NAh, the closest would be the 4g94 2.0L 16V SOHC found in 02-07 Lancers

Build Thread

Ironzep
    At some point i definatly do want to do a 4g63t swap, but right now i dont really have the time or money. Suspension might actually be second on the list with the added bonus of some aesthetic gains as well. Is it true that if i upgrade to an 1g throttle body that to get full potential from it i'll need to uprade the exhaust/headers as well?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast