The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: What brand belt for Galant 2006?

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

What brand belt for Galant 2006?

It is time for me to change the timing belt on my 2.4L Galant, i got around 80,000 miles, i got a quot from the dealership for $70 and $35 for 2 different belts (JUST THE BELTS, no pulleys). I thought that price was a little high and looked online. So far i have found...... GENUINE MITSUBISHI, GATES, AC DELCO, DAYCO, & CONTITECH.

If i have to i will buy the "GENUINE MITSUBISHI" but i don't wanna spend that much UNLESS I HAVE TO, but at the same time i want a just as good or better quality belt (i don't want a cheap belt as i do not want my engine to blow on my long trips) Do you guys have any recommendations???

as far as i know gates makes really good belts im gonna be using their performance belt on my build and i see many evo 8 guys using their performance belts.
    4g64 dohc turbo 5-speed
    gt30r @20psi stock block,mbc
    2.5" tbe
    evo 8 ecu and maf
    large fmic w/ cx racing intercooler pipes
    wrx injectors @ 100psi fuel pressure

i just had a contitech belt put in my galant, its german so ho[efullly will love up to their name for quality,

Read good things about conti online

Are you planning on doing the timing belt yourself? Buy OEM from oemmitsubishiparts.com, their price should be reasonable.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Yeah I wouldnt skimp on the timing belt. Look at it like this, your going to save about $150 or so by buying aftermarket belt, pulleys and tensioners versus buying OEM geniune mitsu parts. Is $150 worth a higher risk of damaging your engine? For me it wouldnt be. The EVO guys who use gates belts are using the gates high performance belts that are like $150 not the gates belts they sell at autozone for $38.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

KMD20
    who's EVO ???

Quote Originally Posted by kmd20 View Post
    who's evo ???
    lol
    04 GTS 9G

FoR Sale:
    2004-2006 Fog Lights $50
    shoot me a pm

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    OEM or nothing when it comes to timing belt. not a place to skimp.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service