The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: window tint

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 28

window tint

i planed on saving up and haven my windows professionally tinted i was gonna go 22% or 20% but with tan interior i was thinking i might not look that good.
    whats a good percent to get them tinted everyone opion will be appreciated.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 99 galant View Post
    The world consists of 2 sexes... grow a sack and unless your actually cheating, tell her to shut the fuck up

I had 20% installed on my car. The factory windows already have some light tint on them. Whenever I get pulled over and have my tints metered, it comes up at 11%

I have 20% on front windows, 5% on rear passengers and rear window. Never been pulled over

I had 35 briefly but I'm thinking of going down to 20 now because 35 is too light.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    is it true in Cali "NO TINT IS ALLOWED" in the front??? i get pulled over all the time for it

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

DjFlav3
    I have 5% all around, but they're real dark definately not for everyone but they look sick lol

TGC Regular
    I have 20% on the sides and 5% in the rear. I always like having the sides even.

2002 ES i4 SOHC Mitsubishi Galant

20% imo

IMMORTALIZED CUSTOMS
    Sid Mundo Production

Quote Originally Posted by DjFlav3 View Post
    I have 5% all around, but they're real dark definately not for everyone but they look sick lol
    post some pic please.

Tinting legalities differ in every states. For instance here in Colorado you can have down to 27% all around. In California, the lowest you can go for front is 70% (Which is not much of a difference), but you can have any tint on rear windows.

I have 20% in front, and 5% in back, even though all those tints are illegal. I've never been pulled over, and I live right near the police department. Most don't seem to care. I also have never been pulled over in California with my tint either.

Here is a link to one of my old pictures of my car on facebook. Not the greatest picture but you can see what 5% looks like in the back. Also be aware that at night time, it is extremely hard to back out of my driveway because you WILL NOT be able to see through the rear tint at 5% with your rear back up lights.
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id...type=1&theater

http://img405.imageshack.us/i/253291...231074100.jpg/

Link if you can't view my facebook profile. Feel free to add me though =)

I have a strong tendency to avoid being called as a ricer by people one day, so to me the lighter the tints are more favored.

Window tinting can have absolutely nothing to do with "ricing" your car. It's not to just "look good", it keeps the interior of your car cooler on hot sunny days,
    it allows you to see out your windows without being blinded by the sun,
    and saves any seating materials from sun damage.

DjFlav3
    Quote Originally Posted by galant350z View Post
    post some pic please.

Crappy pic but only one I got at the moment I'll take a few more today.

Experienced TGC Member SleekGTZ's Avatar
    There are pros and cons in having too dark tints or too light tints.

Dark tints look cool but can be a problem with visibility at night, especially when you're backing up in a tight space and there are people around. Plus depending on where you live, cops might enjoy pulling you over all the time.

Light tints are ok but can be a problem during bright and hot sunny days. Again it depends on where you live.

If you want to play it safe, then just tell the tint shop to tint your windows with the darkest % that's allowable by your state law. Be done with it and focus on other cool stuff for your g.

That's just my humble opinion. :)

-

DjFlav3

RICE = Radically Immature Car Enthusiast...

having dark tints doesn't make it rice...
    it's your car, do with it what you will...

IMMORTALIZED CUSTOMS
    Sid Mundo Production

my boy altima has 5% on top of 5% it comes up to about 2.5% that shit is dark from the outside but on the inside its fine i want that for my car but i get pulled over enough as it is

DjFlav3
    I'm pretty sure 5% over 5% is .25%. Because my friend had a blazer with the stock 20% privacy glass on the rear windows and he got 5% all around and the rear windows were 1% after that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast