The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: qnz's 2003 ES build and picture thread

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 178
    Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    fair enough, I just know that the evo ecu is very very capable, we have a lot of stock ecu 600-700 whp evos coming out of english racing here in the northewest, very nice build though, nice to see everything that's happened with the car since you've had it. Any future plans for a dohc swap, or built auto tranny?
    I know. I wish English Racing was closer so I could get tuned by them. They really know their stuff with the tephra speed density mod.

I'm at a point of content-ness with my car. I feel like I dont need to mod it further right now. Plus I drive it daily to work so I cant afford the downtime it would do a head swap or send out the tranny to get built. That doesnt mean I'm not already collecting dohc parts tho. :)

Very nice car Aaron. I never knew you did a retro fit. How hard was it?

I love every detail on this car. Good job Aaron!

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

So i havent made an update to my build page in almost a year.

Today I put on my LHD EDM mirrors. Well not entirely...
    The main difference between the LHD mirrors and the JDM mirrors are the base.

My broken JDM mirror from the accident. Notice the part number and casting

My LHD mirrors purchased from Germany. Notice the LHD on the base, but the same part number on the mirror part.

I popped off the glass and was surprised to see they were heated mirrors. There are 2 extra wires that connect to the glass. However, the mirrors are not power folding

In the end, I just swapped bases with the JDM mirrors because I wanted to keep the power folding option and never felt the need for heated glass.

The base is not a perfect bolt on. I had to trim a tiny bit of plastic on the LHD base in order for the mirror to screw onto it.

I dont have any pics of it on car cuz to the naked eye, the look like regular JDM mirrors. But from inside the car, 1/2 my mirror is no longer looking at my back door. Now the entire mirror is looking out onto the road and my blind spots.

My most recent pic from 2 weeks ago.

New fender. A-pillar damage fixed. New mirror courtesy of qscustoms. New sideskirts courtesy of Cali.

Such a clean car Aaron.

Any more modding plans?

I have some more parts lying around but the weather is getting too cold and the daylight hours are getting shorter to do the work I want to do.

Cosmetic parts?

Heated mirrors are cool! That's too bad they don't power fold too. Nice seeing pics of it fixed up.

Quote Originally Posted by qnz View Post
    I have some more parts lying around but the weather is getting too cold and the daylight hours are getting shorter to do the work I want to do.
    Ohh I know, hard to do 5spd swaps in the dark

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Quote Originally Posted by carl3g View Post
    Cosmetic parts?
    its a secret

its a secret

seems like everyone is working on a SECRET these days lmao

Always loved ur car Aaron...Nice Work!!

Picked these up from Craig (fatal1).

Lesson for everyone: Always solder your connections.

Story: One of the first mods I did to my car was install JDM headlights. I didn't know much about electrical back then so when I spliced the wiring for the headlights (and tail lights), I only twisted the wires together and/or used butt connectors and a lot of electrical tape. On my headlights, my high beam was out for the longest time and I would occasionally get headlight flicker on my pass side. For my taillights, people would always tell me that X bulb was out, but everytime I replaced the bulb, the bulb looked fine and another bulb would go "out".

I revisted my headlight and taillight harness this summer and cleaned up and soldered all the connections. This fixed my headlight flicker and high beams and taillights. I also noticed one of my butt connectors looked melted and potentially a fire hazard. Now, everything looks clean and I dont feel embarassed for having a flickering headlight
    Last edited by qnz; 11-29-2011 at 07:09 PM

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    Yeah I gotta do that my driverside hi beam stays out n occasionaly work lol. Looks awesome maybe a buff n polish to clean up the heads a little??

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Picked these up from Craig.

Nice ! Cant w8 to c the final look. Must be very aggressive !

Duly noted. I have butt connectors on my tails, they still work great but I should clean that up. I been practicing soldering, gonna make my own HID harness when I do mine. Looks good man!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Curious to see the trimming you did to the 8Gb grilles with the JDM heads installed...

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by Skyforger View Post
    Curious to see the trimming you did to the 8Gb grilles with the JDM heads installed...
    I never took any pics, but I remember taking the dremel and cutting off about 1cm off the grill. It was the first time i ever used a dremel so my cut wasnt so straight. The 2nd time I used my dremel, I was cutting into my front end for the JDM headlights. lol.

Lol I just missed you the night u picked up Craig's lights

Winter wheels on.

SSR professor sp1

Thinking about putting the Volks on the Eclipse but not too sure about the gold + silver combo. What do you guys think? Is the gold Volks better than the gunmetal Works?

Last edited by qnz; 12-04-2011 at 02:21 PM

Loving the SSR's!

Not a fan of the Volks on the 2g though.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast