The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: DTP's 8G Build

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Showing results 121 to 140 of 592
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyforger View Post
    I'd get the 8Gb headlights or JDM heads, 225/45 tires would be your best bet with the Stang wheels. As for the Cobra centercaps, leave 'em.

IMO, you don't need to go any lower than that.
    True, I have yet to see an unmolested 8gb at the yard.

I went with what was readily available. I'll be picking some 225/45s on when I can.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk 'cause I'm awesome...
    -Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    Some constructive criticism, you need alot moar low before you can pull those wheels off id swap back to the 3g untill you drop it. It looks like a truck from the rear. Springs are not going to get the needed drop to pull of these wheels. And also get rid of the cobra center caps, I would rock no center caps before those. And not crazy about your headlight lids and being chrome. Just my 2 cents not trying to be a dick,
    I changed rear tires after those pics

-Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by DTP View Post
    Yeah I know, you're right on with that one. The deal was killer, and I had to jump on it. Now I'll have the chance to black out my 3G wheels for AX/Winter. I like the center caps, however. I'll be getting something custom made in their place.

I'm looking to scoop up a second set of heads to black + projector retrofit. It's all in due time, my friend.

Way moar low is needed, I realize that. I'm in the process of saving up. I'm broke!

I appreciate all the comments guys. Especially the constructive kind. No offense taken. To each their own, amirite?

I understand broke. BUt i feel you may not be satisfied with just springs. I say just got all the way with coils, then get coil(money saving tip). It would be worht the wate(i cant fuggin spell right now) I know i want to go lower even though i am on coils and have something in the works

Plus you say you want to autox, then deff go for the coilovers becuase of the tunability of them.

Whats your price on a set of 8gb heads? I would gladly get you a set on one of my trips to the yard.

Dont get me wrong i do like the cobra and all its a cool emblem. But its a mitsubishi not a stang, if they were like Koukis center caps it would be fine but not the actual cobras. I say take them off I have not cetner caps right now on the GST's and you cant tell from 7+ feet away

I changed rear tires after those pics

?? so you put the 3g wheels back on?

Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    I understand broke. BUt i feel you may not be satisfied with just springs. I say just got all the way with coils, then get coil(money saving tip). It would be worht the wate(i cant fuggin spell right now) I know i want to go lower even though i am on coils and have something in the works

Plus you say you want to autox, then deff go for the coilovers becuase of the tunability of them.

Whats your price on a set of 8gb heads? I would gladly get you a set on one of my trips to the yard.

Dont get me wrong i do like the cobra and all its a cool emblem. But its a mitsubishi not a stang, if they were like Koukis center caps it would be fine but not the actual cobras. I say take them off I have not cetner caps right now on the GST's and you cant tell from 7+ feet away

?? so you put the 3g wheels back on?
    Coils are definitely being tossed around. My main concern is longevity because of my driveway. My buddy's RSX bottoms out, and he's on coils. But not slammed.

They run for 20 each. So anything cheaper is welcomed!

I see what you mean. I may not have the caps long anyways. I just need to find blank ones I can wrap or put the triple diamond on.

Lord no! I switched from the 245/45s that they came with to a 215/50. Changed everything.

Here:

-Andrew

Coils are definitely being tossed around. My main concern is longevity because of my driveway. My buddy's RSX bottoms out, and he's on coils. But not slammed.

They run for 20 each. So anything cheaper is welcomed!

I see what you mean. I may not have the caps long anyways. I just need to find blank ones I can wrap or put the triple diamond on.

Lord no! I switched from the 245/45s that they came with to a 215/50. Changed everything.

Here:

Oh gotcha and being on coils doesnt mean you have to slammed it. I have gone up things that stock corvettes scrape on without me scraping(I am lower fornt bumper wise then a vette) Its all about angle of approach and paying attention to dips in the road. Plus i could be at sotck height with coils if i wanted(which i never will)

Just fyi, I'll be selling my coils soon :) super cheap too
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Pm'd!

Fitment?

-Andrew

Hey I think you can buy replacement center caps for them, cause I was considering doing so when I was thinking of getting stang wheels. Try search for bullit center caps. Ones I was considering had target crosshairs on em for the design. I thought it was pretty cool plus they were silver. Other type I think was solid chrome, but I felt it would break up the wheel to much with the polished lip already overshadowing the silver finish (imo). Good choice in wheels...I think they just go well with silver 8g's

Great work so far!

I'm gonna be a whore...

-Andrew

-Andrew

Get a 5-spd! LOL. I'll get you know went I'm free so we can meet up again.
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

Quote Originally Posted by mysticj View Post
    Get a 5-spd! LOL. I'll get you know went I'm free so we can meet up again.
    I wish! I hate auto!

Okay, just let me know man. I hope the kids and wife are doing well!

-Andrew

Ever thought about getting the 8Gb heads? And 2nd gen JDM tails look tits with silver. :D

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

You car is begging for a fender roll, coils, and some 235/40/17s. Wheels really suit it though
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Hell yeah, sky! I just haven't located some cheap. 40$ is about what they cost round here. Everything Would be easier if money wasn't an issue.

-Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    You car is begging for a fender roll, coils, and some 235/40/17s. Wheels really suit it though
    Oh I know... She was telling me to massage the fenders last night. Are those easy to find tires?

-Andrew

235/40 R17 is an odd size...235/45 R17 is a lot easier to find, and cheaper...

Affordable tires in 235/40 are usually brands like Nankang, Federal, Sunny, Nexen and BCT. Start rolling into brands like General, Continental, Goodyear, Michelin, etc, and you'll be paying a lot more. IMO, go with a 235/45 tire. Should be smaller enough to not rub, and still be wide enough for the wheel. Even a 225/45 tire, and they're even more common, and a bit cheaper as well in good brands.

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

I ran the 225/45s on my 3G wheels. I would've ran them had I been able to find them.

Funny thing is, my dads place is a Goodyear and General Tire dealer.

-Andrew

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast