The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Tire and rim question

Showing results 1 to 19 of 19

Tire and rim question

I have decided to get back into fixing up my 99 galant. I got some rims and tires for a real good price soo i scooped them up(if they dont work i will just resell them). They are 18" enkei or25's. My question is will they fit my galant. The offset is 38 the front tires 215/45 and the back ones are 235/45. Any help would be appreciated

bolt pattern?

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

i know the bolt pattern is right im just worried about rubbing. I purchased some 18's before and they didnt work. I actually purchased these from someone as 17's but they are 18's i dont think they knew.

Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar
    18" wheels should have a tire size of 215/40/18 or 225/40/18. The 45 series tire will be too tall. The wheels should be fine, especially at stock height.

I'd search a little more and find a wheel and tire that will fit so you don't waste your money.

sorry for my lack of knowledge but the rim measures 18" across with a measuring tape but the 2 tire say 235/45rz17 and the other 2 say 215/45r17 does that mean its a 17? does that make a difference

^^ if thats whats written on your tire...they are 17s.

-RON

ya, youre not supposed to measure wheels with a measuring tape. You have 17" wheels according to the tires. whats the width of the wheels? Im guessing 7.5.

The size and width of the wheels can usually be found on a sticker on the back of the wheel or it may be casted on one of the spokes

so knowing they are 17's and not 18's does that change the fact of how they will fit.

figured out whats the specs of the wheels first (usually behind them engraved somewhere) then if they are 17" 7.5 take a quick look to my garage for the recommended tire size (there's also a list somewhere if you search) before they starting slapping you to use the "search button" lol

-RON

There is a tire fitment post at the top of this forum. Pretty easy to use.

thanks i will check it out.

Stock height, 215/45 front, 235/45 rear ? providing ur suspension isnt worn either.(like mine) You shouldnt rub unless u hit a small bridge or somethin an ur rolln pretty quick.
    2001 Mitsubishi Galant-Totalled..=(
    1987 Cheverolet IROC-Z Camaro-TPI 350
    1989 Nissan 240sx-built SOHC-Trade for Honda
    1999 civic Hatch B20vtec- current
    Lookn for galant to build. .

im gonna try to get them on tomorow and see how it works out. maybe i will just have to roll the fenders.

they cleared. no rubbing or anything.

Good atleast take a little picture or something show us your new bad boys on your car lol

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jpond83 View Post
    they cleared. no rubbing or anything.
    A 45 series tire must be absorbing the road pretty well. I'm glad it worked out for you.
    -Pedro