The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: mysticj's 2011 Build

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Showing results 61 to 80 of 262
    I have it somewhere, and Ill look for the temp sensor resistance. The EGR work by the ECU detecting the raise of RPMs acquired by introducing metered air(exhaust gases) into the intake manifold. The temp sensor is there to verify that the incoming gases are actually hot. My first setup was to drill a hole in the EGR and block off the holes so no exhaust gas comes in. It was misfiring really bad cuz it was sucking unmetered fresh air thru that hole. So in order to work that hole needed a line that goes somewhere after the MAS.

I have it set so it draws fresh air thru the IC piping and the temp sensor is hooked up too and so far i havent got any codes. It doesnt bother it that the EGR sees boost, because its not open under boost conditions anyway. The idea was to draw fresh air instead of exhaust gases and keep the IM clean, but Id prefer to remove all that and clean up the engine bay.

The hose going to one of the "A" TB nipples drawing fresh air.

The hose going to the IM (it was originally for the BOV line)

The EGR valve with block off plate and two 1/8'' npt fittings coming out.

God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Funny thing is when I log the MAP sensor via EGR temp input, the CEL when off, but skew my timing @ WOT. It uses to be steady around 18* but with the MAP sending data in place of the EGR temp, it bounce around a bit...Not to my liking but I have most of the data I will need though.

Working on a few things.

Replace the rear knuckles bushings. Rides much better now. LOL.

Build an adapter for the 3G style MAS

Overlaying the ECULoad and MAP graphs.

Building better cables.
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

update!

94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

what is new there?i cant tell.

When do you we get some numbers!?

Not the best vid...about to rain, will shoot another one tomorrow probably.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzDYpjxRM_o

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

How does the car feel in terms of power?

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

Quote Originally Posted by Exhaust power View Post
    How does the car feel in terms of power?
    screams from ~3800rpm to redline, I kept it below 6500rpm so far. needs a tune though.

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

nice, new downpipe?

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Quote Originally Posted by Galantman03 View Post
    nice, new downpipe?
    yup

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

where did you get the shorty header from?And did you have to modify the down pipe?

Quote Originally Posted by galantlvr34 View Post
    where did you get the shorty header from?And did you have to modify the down pipe?
    Used tubular header from dsmtuners and I had a downpipe made for it.

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

Quote Originally Posted by mysticj View Post
    Used tubular header from dsmtuners and I had a downpipe made for it.
    nice so that is a turbo header?,did you notice any big performance increases

nice so that is a turbo header?,did you notice any big performance increases
    Yes. Since the tubes/runners on the header are short you won't notice alot till the upper rpm. I like the sound, just not that loud so I will have the center resonator remove next month to add more depth of the exhaust. Dyno sometime next month for baseline.

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

what is new there?i cant tell.
    I see my contribution!

Quote Originally Posted by foxbrand View Post
    I see my contribution!
    lol he put a new turbo manifold on it and a down pipe but i didnt see anything new at first.

lol he put a new turbo manifold on it and a down pipe but i didnt see anything new at first.
    I bought an 8g VR4 strut tower brace a couple years back, I swapped it to him for an XG intake manifold, the brace has bright red end brackets, I don't know how you can miss that :P

Quote Originally Posted by foxbrand View Post
    I bought an 8g VR4 strut tower brace a couple years back, I swapped it to him for an XG intake manifold, the brace has bright red end brackets, I don't know how you can miss that :P
    i seen it but i didnt really know what you meant about your contribution at first

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast