The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 4g63 head on 4g64 block

Showing results 1 to 20 of 20

4g63 head on 4g64 block

So have some question for anyone who has done the swap. Either full swaped with 4g63 or just head. would the 4g64 intake mani work? or do i have to get the intake mani from 2g? also ecu do i need get 2g ecu?.. about to swap it an want have all parts before swaping... thanks

oh wow, look at the thread above yours
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

sry it didnt show up on my iphone... my bad... my iphone sometimes dont load things up i am sry...

all that says is about the distributer... im asking about the INTAKE MANIFOLD... 2 different things...

TGC Regular
    DUDE, We arent going to spoon feed you.. Look up the DOHC swap.. The parts list is listed like at least 6 times on the board.. Just Use the search function and read. Please if you tak ur time and read the threads you might learn somthing and not set yourself up to be flamed soo much.

Quote Originally Posted by justin View Post
    So have some question for anyone who has done the swap. Either full swaped with 4g63 or just head. would the 4g64 intake mani work? or do i have to get the intake mani from 2g? also ecu do i need get 2g ecu?.. about to swap it an want have all parts before swaping... thanks
    all that says is about the distributer... im asking about the INTAKE MANIFOLD... 2 different things...
    actually you asked about the head, intake mani, and ecu.......

now as for the sticky, either you didnt read it or you were just unsure what you were reading. this is the section of the head swap sticky you should be paying attention too:

"but with this method,
    you would merely need a head, intake manni, headgasket, some new headstuds, and thats it."

now as for the ecu; read this section of the sticky:

"of course the gains woudln't be as significant as with a ecu swap and such,
    but you would still have the buttery smooth and wide powerband of the dohc, and you can allways SWAP ECU's LATER ON."

However i feel you need to revisit this thread and read all post following the Original post due to the huge amount of info posted throughout as people actually went ahead with the conversion.
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=19500

ive been about as nice as i can with this so please please please just read up and when your ready come back with questions pertaining to this swap that have NOT been answered allready.

^ read it but didnt say what mani i needed...? what i read was the begining of the thread an all talked about was the distributer mostly

TGC Regular
    Your seriously have to be the most reatrded person I have ever met online.. DUDe we have a tutorial section its not that hard.. Go here...
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=34655
    Then It says under engine.. OMG what is that? Im not sure but I think it says Headswap parts list... WOW YAY we can read now.. Stop being soo fucking Lazy!!!!!

Edit* Im sorry MOD's I am just getting really tired of this kid..

General reasoning when swaping heads from one engine to another. if the list says to get the head and parts that attach to the head then 99.99% of the time your getting the parts that match the head your swapping, if you can use your current parts then they wont be on the list of parts needed.

The list clearly says INTAKE MANNI, if you could use your intake manni it wouldnt say to get the intake manni. Now by conclusive deductioning one would say to get the intake manni that was attached to the head you got............................................... ....or were you going to get one from a corvette?

hey look, it took about 15 sec

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/sear...d=931523&pp=30

you simply type "DOHC" in the 7g performance forum and look there are 9 pages as a result

What you ask has been discussed millions of time before
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

also if you would look at pictures of the mani's or actually look at them you would realize the answer.

bottom line no

now a DOHC 4g64 mani yes

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Go read my build thread its only 900 posts of info on the swap and showd every step in building the engine

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Would a 1g eclipse 4g63 fit on the 4g64 block? There's one in the yard and I'm debating on whether I should grab it to post up for sale.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    1g head fits fine keith

only spoon feeding this guy gets

1g head swap parts list
    http://www.4g64.com/users/raycer97/1g_parts.htm

2g head swap parts list
    http://www.4g64.com/users/raycer97/2g_parts.htm

good luck
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Thanks galant306 I will I just asked one question make easy cause hard search with my iPhone.... Thanks I'll check Ur thread out....

Thanks galant306 I will I just asked one question make easy cause hard search with my iPhone.... Thanks I'll check Ur thread out....
    I was stop searching the forums with you iPhone... You seem to have problems with it and use that as an excuse alot... TGC is also using Tapatalk... Maybe download that app...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

Instead of people wasting time flaming somebody...
    Just answer the guys question and tell him,"Justin next time use google and the search bar on top.Would be way more easier,one your not solving his or hers problem.Also he is new to the forums give him a break,show him the ropes.

Its no different than any other forum....there are questions that have been answered to death! This one is not only one of them, it was the first sticky on the board he posted on. He gets flamed simply because he asks dumb questions without searching. EVERYONE knows you should search for shit first then ask if you dont find it. He cannot say he didn't see the post because its first one on that page...always. WE are not a community about flaming...honest. But when you have a person that just doesnt get it and keeps on repeating the same forum mistakes over and over...they will get flamed. Its not personal, its just annoying the shit out of those members that have been here forever and have had to deal with noob after noob not even trying to figure the shit out on their own!

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

All these iphone and tapatalk apps.....

I'm using my old laptop and still have no problems searching online. Maybe perhaps, some people (like the op) were not meant to use such applications.

any 4g63 head will work, turbo or non turbo, they actually made a 1.8, a 2.0, and the rare galant gs 2.4 with the same head more or less. stock intake manifold wont work, pm me if u need help. Iv done the swap 2 times now.
    2.4 dohc turbo, 10 psi,small 16g, evo 3 02 housing,98 flashable ecu,maft,3inch magnaflow exhaust,aem wideband,blitz turbo timer,egt gauge,balance shaft delete,a/c delete,battery in trunk,arp headstuds,fmic,mbc, (Wiseco 8:7:1 pistons coming soon.)