The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Intake pics

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 23

Intake pics

I've seen most of the pics you guys have....I was wondering if you have any pics of the Integra intake ON the galant. Supposedly that is the one that fits the best and I need to get a new one that is CARB legal. I just dont want to spend 200+ bucks on something that doesnt really fit properly *cough* WEAPON R! *cough*. If you dont have one for an integra, just tell me what brand and for what car you used. I currently have the crappy Weapon R short ram that you have to cut like 60% of the piping off to make it fit...piece of shit. BUt now in order for me to pass smog I am going to need a CARB unit. Thanx guys

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

Why not just put the stock intake back on for the inspection?

I run the eBay intake. I know that won't pass smog though.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    -Andrew

I havent had the stock box in like 10 years! And there arent any over at the pic-n-pull....so I need to just get a new intake

if memeory serves me right, even if the Integra Intake is CARB Legal, your car will still fail because of the intake because your car isn't an integra.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

ya i don't know if they actually run the nubers on the intake

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Quote Originally Posted by evil-G-nius View Post
    I havent had the stock box in like 10 years! And there arent any over at the pic-n-pull....so I need to just get a new intake
    I have one...
    -Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6 View Post
    if memeory serves me right, even if the Integra Intake is CARB Legal, your car will still fail because of the intake because your car isn't an integra.
    Quote Originally Posted by kolio View Post
    ya i don't know if they actually run the nubers on the intake
    I dont think it matters. Its for the visual inspection, as long as my emissions pass and there is a CARB sticker I would be good in the hood. I dont know how they would check numbers on an intake anyways.

DTP...full OEM box for a 7G? How much you want for it?

I dont think it matters. Its for the visual inspection, as long as my emissions pass and there is a CARB sticker I would be good in the hood. I dont know how they would check numbers on an intake anyways.

Shit. I forgot you have a 7g. Are the 7th and 8 gens similar?

-Andrew

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    sucks to be out on cali doesnt it lol. i have a cali emissions 7g now. i have a custom intake made of piping i had laying around. just a 60 degree elbow, some couplers and a 4.5 inch adapter with a k&n filter.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

i actually still have mine. pm me

You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Quote Originally Posted by DTP View Post
    Shit. I forgot you have a 7g. Are the 7th and 8 gens similar?

The only similarity is the engine code really. Same everything for the most part just oppositly opposed so it wouldnt work! Good looking out though. Kolio...i'm gonna hit you up

The only similarity is the engine code really. Same everything for the most part just oppositly opposed so it wouldnt work! Good looking out though. Kolio...i'm gonna hit you up
    Ah. Yeah, I forgot about that too. Oh well. Thanks man. If I can help a brotha out I will.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk 'cause I'm awesome
    -Andrew

I appreciate it! lol

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    since you're having smog issues...why not remove the intake factor and go OEM airbox? car was tuned and designed for such, and runing anything else it outside specs which puts you at a disadvantage already for diagnosing your high NOX problem.

sure, you could throw on an OEM airbox and it probably won't fix your problem, but why hurt your chances?
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

^^^Working on that as we speak Matt....I got rid of mine years ago when I lived in Jersey and I have never had a problem passing smog until now. Fucking Cali wants to be a bitch with the whoe CARB thing so when I do get a new intake I may get a CARB legal just in case. But Kolio says he's got a stock one still so....it may be on its way to cali!

you may have still passed smog for a while after you ditched the OEM airbox, but did you numbers go up? just saying, sounds like you need all the help you can get. i myself will be crawling back down this shitty road in about 3 months

1994 Galant GS 5spd

i got emissions coming up in feb. after that i go back 1 more time never again.

i got emissions coming up in feb. after that i go back 1 more time never again.
    How does that work?

I'm in sc. We don't have inspections :)

-Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by DTP View Post
    How does that work?

I'm in sc. We don't have inspections :)

in maryland you have to go every 2 years for emissions. it's very a stupid inspection, just to get $14 out of you. if your car is OBDII all they do is scan the cars ecu and see if everything in the emissions system is running properly. they also do a under car inpection with a mirror to make sure everything is in place. if your OBDI your car gets put on the sniffer.

in either case, when your car reaches a certain age it no longer has to go through emissions

in maryland you have to go every 2 years for emissions. it's very a stupid inspection, just to get $14 out of you. if your car is OBDII all they do is scan the cars ecu and see if everything in the emissions system is running properly. they also do a under car inpection with a mirror to make sure everything is in place. if your OBDI your car gets put on the sniffer.

in either case, when your car reaches a certain age it no longer has to go through emissions
    haha, it's $60+ in cali. and why would they STOP doing it after a certain age? you would think, if anything, they would get more strict now that the car is older!!

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast