The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Rims are on...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 22
    Tiller

Rims are on...

They look pretty damn good, my only concern is they look kinda small...

I guess it's the wheels design... being a 2 piece with the face kinda set back, makes it look a bit smaller...

I'll be posting pics as soon as i get a chance to wash her...

awesome!!! glad to hear it!! And i can't wait for pictures!

Yeah Tiller I cant wait to criticize..... uh, I mean complement, you on your new rims.

j/k bro hurry up and wash your ride I wanna see these rims!
    The First Supercharged 4cyl Galant!!!!!!!!

www.rippmods.com

Before there were any, there was me.

Tiller
    yeah, yeah.... i'm sure not everyone will like them, but you can't please everyone all of the time...

the guys that threw them on for me, were all telling me that i better be careful with potholes and shit... then he proceeded to show me a 16" Mille Miglia, that was dented by a pothole...

I didn't argue with him, even though Mille Miglia's are like the "Kia's" of rims, and these are probably 3 times as strong as them...

I was kind of disspointed by no center cap, but it actually looks pretty decent... but I got to get some brakes, casue the stock ones are MUSHY, and they look kinda dinky behind the wheels...

slowgalant
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiller)</div><div class='quotemain'>I didn't argue with him, even though Mille Miglia's are like the "Kia's" of rims...</div>

wow, some people just have no clue what they are talkin about...

Tiller
    Quote Originally Posted by slowgalant
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiller
    I didn't argue with him, even though Mille Miglia's are like the "Kia's" of rims...
    wow, some people just have no clue what they are talkin about...
    right...

Tiller--->>> Pics??

:puzzled1:
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

Tiller
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ChromeGalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>Tiller--->>> Pics??

:puzzled1:</div>

i have to work all qweekend, and it's kinda drizzling out, so maybe by Monday...

Black2k1GTZ
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiller)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(slowgalant)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiller)</div><div class='quotemain'>I didn't argue with him, even though Mille Miglia's are like the "Kia's" of rims...</div>

wow, some people just have no clue what they are talkin about...</div>

right...</div>

The mans right Tiller...Mille Miglia are some of the best rims on the market. If you go over to Europe...they are on most cars you see. And they are some of the stroingest rims going!!!!!!

Marc :mg:

Tiller
    well, that seems wierd, considering I know 3 different people that had them and all 3 said they were "soft" and dented like they were toys... and the guy at the shop showed be yet another one...

Maybe these people are just abusing their wheels...?

Actually I was looking at a set of Mille Miglia's, I hope they aren't cheap. They have some nice designs. Anyone else know anyone who has these?
    1999 2.4l
    - AEM Short Ram with Blitz Sonic Air Filter
    - Magnecore Wires & Denso Iridium Plugs
    - Throttle Body rebored by ProFlow
    - Throttle Body Coolant Bypass
    - Throttle Cable adjustment
    - Freedom Design Strut Bar
    - Tein Springs
    - KYB AGX setting 1
    Exterior:
    - 2nd Gen JDM Tails
    - New rear 02 Molding
    - Debadged Mitsubishi lettering

Tiller
    i just read up on Mille Miglia's manufacturing process and it seems that they do have a good process in place... the only thing that does not sit well with me is the fact that there is no radioagraphy performed on any of their castings... Anytime you have a casting, there are chances of gas pockets forming, thus weaking the structure of the wheel...

Obviously adding this extra step would add quite a bit to the price of the wheels...

I'll just chalk it up to the fact that these guys must have been beating the shit out of their wheels...

I wouldn't shy away from them, it sounds like the do put a lot of R&D into the design & integirty of the wheels... but you can write whatever you want on the net...

I did find out that they make ALOT of OEM wheels for the European market... that doesn't make them good, it makes them cheap... cause OEM wheels are not very expensive for the mass produced cars... or the manufactuers would not use them... of course try and buy some wheels from the dealer, and they will charge you an arm and a leg...

Everyone makes mistakes Tiller!

But its all good we forgive you!

www.rippmods.com

Senior TGC Member
    My rims are the best in the world...they're completely stock One day I'll save up enough money to get new rims...as soon as I quit spending on performance.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Tiller
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rallifan)</div><div class='quotemain'>as soon as I quit spending on performance.</div>

funny you say that... addding a good set of tires to your car will upgrade your car performance big time... tires along with a quality suspension are an easy way to make your car faster...

obviously if you deicde to go with an 18" chrome rim that weighs 30lbs you will kinda negate some of the performance aspects...

Senior TGC Member
    Yeah but adding high performance tires is in my performance category, not looks I can have some great tires and not make my rims look any better
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Question?

Out of curiosity what are some light weight 18inch wheels that dont get in the way of performance? And I mean rims that are nice looking too. Anyone have any suggestions? What about Giovonii rims? Are they light weight or are they heavy? If anyone can give me the names of some attractive rims that are also light weight let me know because my Konig Verdict rims are not cutting it.

PS KONIG RIMS SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

www.rippmods.com

Tiller
    OZ Superlegga's are nice, and lightweight...

you're going to pay alot more money for a forged wheels but that's where the light weight wheels are... check out the SSR line, and Racing Hart...

There are some RH's that are not that expensive, but are still light, the only drawback to me was they are cast, and not forged...

Giovonii rims are going to be pretty heavy I'm sure... those rims are more for show than anything else, and they do not put a premiuim on performance...

ok cool
    thanks Tiller

www.rippmods.com

But hey dont 18 inch wheels slow you down anyway? Or does it depend on the type of wheels you get???

www.rippmods.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast