The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Racing 7g can you find it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 26

Racing 7g can you find it?

This is me racing on the local dirt race track. You helped me keep it running and made it better. 3rd place for the year out of about 30 cars all having larger engines and much more hp. Thanks for your inspiration and information.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATayBVpNZI0
    Last edited by w/oarctic7g; 12-21-2010 at 09:50 PM

i dont see anything
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Try again I think I screwed up on the link.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATayBVpNZI0

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    looking like fun. maybe ill get a beater 7g and join u 1 day hahaha
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

u know what, make it AWD and then go back
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Unless he's turbo the AWD would probably slow him down. Besides, the AWD swap takes a lot of work and I'd feel awful beating the hell out of the car after all the work I have to put into it. FWD is a blast to rally like that. I used to beat the hell out of my '94 Corolla doing that sort of stuff. FWD can really dig in and help pull you through corners if you know what you're doing. Nice driving :)
    - Nick, 94 Galant ES - 4G64 DOHC Turbo AWD, E3-16G & Manifold, 780cc inj, fmic, DS-MAP Speed Density

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge..." - Charles Darwin

I would like to try that, but I am sure they would cry foul. It is fwd or rwd only your choice but not both. I think if I finally get the dohc done and the right 5 speed(3rd gear is way to tall for this track) it may be a little different finish.

you know what would be sick?

do the 2.6 DOHC lol its a thing of myth. but all that torque would be fun so much power down low

or if you want it higher up, perhaps a destroked 2.1 you can rev to the moon then

looks fun btw!!!

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

GOGOGO #99...... seriously grats on getting her on the track and officially racing. and grats on making it the whole season to finish in top 3 thats not a small feat.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    DUDE this is an awesome video! I'm very surprised the weak-ass multi-link suspension in our cars can take all that abuse! love the video......car looks so manly lol
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Looks like our local dirt track. We have a similar series, but it is limitted to 4 cylinders. For like the past 5 years, a Honda CRX has always smoked everyone else. He has a built H22A though and flys down the straights.

I'd say 9/10 of the 4 cylinder cars are FWD, very few RWD cars.
    7g for life!

Wow thanks for the support. I was worried you guys would blast me for my rough looking ride. We just started a 4 cylinder class and I am sure that would be fun, but I would rather keep annoying the big boys. It is a bit more of a challenge but very rewarding when you can finish ahead of someone with as much as triple the horsepower. The suspension will never be as strong as a full framed car but probably as tough as they come for a unibody. The upper and lower control arms sure can take a lot of punishment whereas most other front drives will bend struts with even the slightest bump even the tbirds are weak. The next video on youtube(Derrik Coghill posted)was in 09 my first year racing, they gave me so much crap and pounded me every chance they couldd.

Great job...with your 5 speed, do you have a LSD or LSD insert? That may help as well.

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

Quote Originally Posted by w/oarctic7g View Post
    Wow thanks for the support. I was worried you guys would blast me for my rough looking ride. We just started a 4 cylinder class and I am sure that would be fun, but I would rather keep annoying the big boys. It is a bit more of a challenge but very rewarding when you can finish ahead of someone with as much as triple the horsepower. The suspension will never be as strong as a full framed car but probably as tough as they come for a unibody. The upper and lower control arms sure can take a lot of punishment whereas most other front drives will bend struts with even the slightest bump even the tbirds are weak. The next video on youtube(Derrik Coghill posted)was in 09 my first year racing, they gave me so much crap and pounded me every chance they couldd.
    anyone who actually goes out and competes in their car gets my respect. it's not supposed to be a good looking car, but a functioning race slut.

what mods do you have done to the car? suspension mods?

You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Mainly just externals no lsd yet. 5 speed swap, stock suspension except washers for serious camber, 1g TB and widened manifold, 326cc injectors, 98 header and cleaned out cat, no egr, bs belt deleted, power steering and ac removed and deleted

how did the car respond to the injectors? what did you get them from? no other mods?

i know the stocks are 270's

90-93 B2600i it was great for me because I run probably 95% of the time at full throttle. It is probably a little on the rich side for a stock computer daily driver.

If all you did was gut the cat you may see some gains by replacing it with a straight pipe or at least fitting a straight pipe through it. A big hollow chamber will back up the exhaust flow and give you back pressure you don't want. Or you may have done it right in the first place, I really don't know from your description.

What sort of camber gains are you making with the washers? Are you reducing camber in the rear to help it step out?
    - Nick, 94 Galant ES - 4G64 DOHC Turbo AWD, E3-16G & Manifold, 780cc inj, fmic, DS-MAP Speed Density

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge..." - Charles Darwin

i like the car man, do you have a lightweight flywheel? i think that could help as it revs much faster so maybe 3rd wont seem so tall for you, that and an LSD and build the 64 or at least dohc would serve you well
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast