The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Racing 7g can you find it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 26 of 26
    There is no exhaust after the cat so not sure how much it effects it like that. I guess I could experiment with a piece of pipe easy enough thanks. I didn't touch rear suspension adjustments just a bunch of positive on lt front and negative on rt front. I swapped brake bias front to rear one night and it was the cats meow, the rear set perfect in corners with the lightest tap. The quick avoidance situations made it difficult to control so I swapped back.

Sorry guys but the S 5 speed stinks on a track like this the gears are wrong just plain wrong. Probably comparable to pulling a long 22% mountain grade from a dead stop 2nd feels strong but 3rd is just to big of a gap. I think I will just go with a Fidanza, lsd insert & 1g na 5 speed and chain down the front/rear since there is no mount points(hey its free).

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by w/oarctic7g View Post
    Sorry guys but the S 5 speed stinks on a track like this the gears are wrong just plain wrong. Probably comparable to pulling a long 22% mountain grade from a dead stop 2nd feels strong but 3rd is just to big of a gap. I think I will just go with a Fidanza, lsd insert & 1g na 5 speed and chain down the front/rear since there is no mount points(hey its free).
    with my leightweight 3rd up hill is fine and is a 12 lb flywheel not an 8 or 8.5. and all the galants had the same trannies and ratios, 2g gst gears are longer, awds in between the 2 and i dont remember the 1g fwd tranny gears.. trying to remember the 90 tsi fwd.. i swear it was close to what the galant has now
    Last edited by Galanttuner10; 12-24-2010 at 12:37 AM
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

What, someone posted some tables once and I remember the 7g in 3rd is very close to a gst in 5th.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by w/oarctic7g View Post
    What, someone posted some tables once and I remember the 7g in 3rd is very close to a gst in 5th.
    i have the gear ratios side by side in my notes, the gst gears are longer except for 5th and the final drive ratio is longer

galant tranny F5M31

1st 3.166
    2nd 1.833
    3rd 1.240
    4th 0.896
    5th 0.731

final 4.322

gst tranny F5M33

1st 3.090
    2nd 1.833
    3rd 1.217
    4th 0.888
    5th 0.741

final 4.153
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    oh dude you gotta do the DOHC swap right away. the entire powerband is improved, there isn't one spot that lacks compared to before. it might just be 20hp+ but it's more than that......do it. now. i still cream when i drive mine.

by the way i'm still blown away the front suspension can take all that. just driving to work on paved roads (cali roads though, so thats probably worse than your track) i feel like i'm going to break every control arm.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12