The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: car stalling???

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
    slomofo

car stalling???

So another problem...yesterday had to do some rounds seeing some family for christmas and I get in and start my car and it stalls I'm like wtf I have to keep my foot on the gas to keep the car on I drive and stop at a light stalls again the car wpnt stay on unless I keep my foot on the gas my batterys good and alternators good waat could it be anyone?

it might be the idle air control valve or possibly the timing belt.

slomofo
    It was driving fine 2days ago then wen I was coming home from work I would stop at a light. And put it in neutral and let the clutch go and it would idle funny my idle would jump then yesterday it would stall at every light unless I kept my foot on the gas

when is the last time you did a tune up?

i hope its not that clutch again.

try adjusting the rpms with the biss screw.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

yeah it is possible that the clutch could be going to

slomofo
    I just replaced the clutch pressure plate and throwout bearing so I kno its not that I also replaced the timing bel,t tensioners spark plugs, wires dizzy cap rotor valve cover gasket oil pan gasket oil and oil filter...I'm thinking its my maf sensor or my idle control valve

yeah it probably is the idle air control valve since you replaced the clutch pressure plate and timing belt and did a tune up.i think there is a spray cleaner for the mass air flow sensor so maybe you can try and clean it see if that helps.

masterjohnson
    Quote Originally Posted by slomofo View Post
    So another problem...yesterday had to do some rounds seeing some family for christmas and I get in and start my car and it stalls I'm like wtf I have to keep my foot on the gas to keep the car on I drive and stop at a light stalls again the car wpnt stay on unless I keep my foot on the gas my batterys good and alternators good waat could it be anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    i hope its not that clutch again.

try adjusting the rpms with the biss screw.
    Quote Originally Posted by galantlvr34 View Post
    yeah it probably is the idle air control valve since you replaced the clutch pressure plate and timing belt and did a tune up.i think there is a spray cleaner for the mass air flow sensor so maybe you can try and clean it see if that helps.
    if it is not my alternator then i also did what mko said but still my car still stalls so if it is the mass air flow sensor what kind of spray cleaner do you use? i have a WD-40 in here will it work? sorry for digging this up. sorry i have the same case so i decided not to create a new thread.
    Last edited by masterjohnson; 03-30-2011 at 03:37 AM

Quote Originally Posted by masterjohnson View Post
    if it is not my alternator then i also did what mko said but still my car still stalls so if it is the mass air flow sensor what kind of spray cleaner do you use? i have a WD-40 in here will it work? sorry for digging this up. sorry i have the same case so i decided not to create a new thread.
    autozone or advance auto have a special spray made for cleaning the mass air flow sensor,i wouldnt use anything else on it because it could ruin it.