The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 18x8.5...Too Wide??!!

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

18x8.5...Too Wide??!!

Howdy...
    I would like to know if the rims I bought are too wide. The salesman said they would fit on my Galant but im not sure judging by the posts made on here. Also, I plan on lowing with the Progress Springs. The wheels are 18x8.5 with +40 offset. Will they fit on my 8g with the Progress drop as well. Thanks in advance.
    Cogalant
    2001 Galant I4 Dover Pearl

Mods:
    Injen CAI
    GC Coilovers
    18x8.5 ADR M-Classics
    225/40HR Kumho Ectsa Supra's
    Nokya H4 Headlights
    Clear Corners
    Reverse Indiglo Guages

Soon to Come...
    Apexi N-1 Exhaust
    x2 JL Audio W6 Subs

the fronts will fit. the rears, wells if your gonna drop progress, u can't correct the camber. you will also most likely need to roll your rear fenders (fold or cut the sheet metal) for clearance. btw, tires are 225/40zr18.

could anyone give me a rough ballpark figure as to how much rolling just the rear fenders would cost, at a professional shop? Could anyone who has had their fenders professionally rolled give me an estimate?
    2001 Galant I4 Dover Pearl

Mods:
    Injen CAI
    GC Coilovers
    18x8.5 ADR M-Classics
    225/40HR Kumho Ectsa Supra's
    Nokya H4 Headlights
    Clear Corners
    Reverse Indiglo Guages

Soon to Come...
    Apexi N-1 Exhaust
    x2 JL Audio W6 Subs

Censee
    my old rims were 18x8.5 and the rear rubbed......and they stuck out the wheel well alot,,,,,,

CallaoNY
    So what did u do Cencee? coz I was just thinking of getting 18x8.5 too .. at least now I'm figuring out what to do ..like cutting the fenders most likely.

Censee
    i woudnt get 18x8.5 they stick out ALOT...i rolled my fenders..andi dont think theres a "proffessional" way to roll fenders...its like ure lucky if they do it right,or if they would even do it...the width is too much ,,i got those rims(chrome)18x8.5 whe i just got the car,,,,when i wanted more bling bling.....i have a pic that if u look at it they stick out tremendously....look at the difference....first pic is with 8.5 2nd pic is with 7.5 wide...

CallaoNY
    Thanx a lot Cencee now I know not to get the 8.5 , 7.5 looks mad good though.. maybe I'll stick with 8s 18x8 my next choice. I'll be posting the pic when I get them.

mitsu4G64

hey they will fit

i just recently bought 18x5 and i have no problems of course i do have coilovers and i don't know about you gettin fender spacer type thing