The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Tire Stretch

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 36 of 36
    Ok so Im not going to stretch the tires. But I do think that I'm going to go with 205s instead or 225s of I keep the wheels. I may try to trade them for some proper odder wheels. What offset do you think would work?

Thanks for all the help.

P.s. DOHCstuner I really need to get over to Lexington and see that beast.
    Last edited by 98mgalant; 12-30-2010 at 03:00 AM

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Oh, and sometimes the fat guy can lay the pipe. Just saying.....

What size tires are you running currently?

stretched tires look so dumb just put tires on that fit.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    What size tires are you running currently?
    225/40

I think that I may put my wheels on CL and see what kind of trades I can get for them. I really want to find a wrecked Eclipse and do 5 lug, sell my wheels and recover some money.

from the pics it looks like your running D2's
    without these

D2 states that for the rear a camber kit will be needed. start there before spending big bucks on new tires and installs

Quote Originally Posted by 98mgalant View Post
    225/40

I think that I may put my wheels on CL and see what kind of trades I can get for them. I really want to find a wrecked Eclipse and do 5 lug, sell my wheels and recover some money.
    All i did to go 5 lug was redrill my rotors and hubs. Then just added 1 stud per hub. i used a single 5 lug eclipse rotor to create a template, and some powerful clamps to hold the rotors in place over each other, then i just drilled. Was pretty painless. If you know how to drill metal. You can get brand new hubs on ebay if you want to for pretty darn cheap.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    from the pics it looks like your running D2's
    without these
    We cant run those on 7gs. I already know all the camber stuff but I dont think that this is a camber problem. I think that its the offset. But I still need the camber kit just dont have the money for it.

those arent d2s on your car, what brand are they?

Those are d2s on my car. I bought them from jmauto.

Last edited by 98mgalant; 01-01-2011 at 09:27 PM

looks like they've changed the design. Looks like the lower part of the coilover is steel(the black part that bolts to the knuckle)
    on mine its CNC'd billet aluminum... and purple.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

looks like they've changed the design. Looks like the lower part of the coilover is steel(the black part that bolts to the knuckle)

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Extreme stretched tires are pointless...you can have a slight stretch on a tire and still maintain performance and ride quality. Most factory "performance" vehicles have a slight stretch on the tire also. Now if your sidewall is part of your contact patch thats a issue.

Bro I don't know if you read my reply on GT before the server upgrade and partial lost of info..but did you try buying maybe 3mm spacers for just the rear to solve the rubbing issue on the knuckle?

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Quote Originally Posted by 98mgalant View Post
    Those are d2s on my car. I bought them from jmauto.

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr View Post
    the pic i put wasnt the rear damper that was the front i couldnt find the pic of the rear, i was using to confirm the company being D2.

so if you are runing D2 dampers(coilovers) then you should have a camber kit in the rear, you may not think its needed or see it o the naked eye; but if the manufature of the part says you should use it theres a reason.

right now your current options your debating is
    New tires for a stretch-min 2 tires average for good tires 150 each=300 + install

Spacers, can be cheap but pointless when the camper kitt will adjust the tire so it wont need to be spaced, plus you were worried bout poking out with a spacer

you mentioned selling rims and getting new ones, thats at least 600 bucks for some cheap set with tires plus the agro of finding abuyre and waiting before for them to seel so you can reup for the new rims/tires

a rear camber kit will cost you less than 100 bucks for both sides

if you actually look at where the tire is rubbing that is very far t the inside of your wheel well if your not running 8-9.5 wide rwheels. if your running 7.5 wide rwheels then your most likely off camber enough to rub but not see the angle to the naked eye

forgot to mention, if you get new tires or tires w/wheels and drive the car they are not returnable.

if you get the camber kit and it doesnt fix the problem you can return it.
    your running a setup minus all the recommened parts, so you cant honestly pinpoint where the error is untill you have it setup by the book to begin with.

I know that I need a camber kit. But that's not what I think is causing this. It's mostlikely an offset problem with the wheels. If I put a camber kit on(whitch I do plan on doing) the knucle will be pushed out with the wheel itself so I think that it will still do this. I'm going to get the camber kit just not today. I'm not just looking to buy tires to stretch them but I need tires anyway because I have a big hole in 2 of my old ones. I think that you guys are thinking that I want something outragous. All I was thinking is 205 or 215. Not really all that streched. But now I think that I may sell my wheels and do the 5 lug conversion. This way I have a better selection of wheels and can find something with the right offset.

rear camber kit will not fix ur prob. spacer or stretching tires will

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12