The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Matt's 03 Galant ES build thread

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 87
    Experienced TGC Member Rach3T8G's Avatar
    Too much going on with the front end i would remove the lights in the grille but thats just my opinion
    - Chris -
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT: My DD
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT

Put the lights in the bumper... They just don't look right. My opinion though.
    -Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by DTP View Post
    Put the lights in the bumper... They just don't look right. My opinion though.
    Yeah, It was just to see how it would look. Ill probably move them to the bumper this weekend since i have work and exams this week and drill.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhaze View Post
    eh unique. i like your G. i was going to get those rims earlier this month off craigslist but they were the wrong bolt pattern
    Thanks man, and yeah I love these rims, they are just a bitch to keep clean

Quote Originally Posted by Rodriguez View Post
    Yeah, It was just to see how it would look. Ill probably move them to the bumper this weekend since i have work and exams this week and drill.
    Put a brighter bulb, like your headlights in the newer fogs. Then wire them up so you can have JUST the fogs come on as DRLs. That'd be bitchin.
    -Andrew

Yeah, thats how they are now, im just not sure of the bulb size.

could always put some 8000k-12000k bulbs in your headlights for show and use the lights behind your grill as your real headlights when no ones looking

what do you guys think of this, Obviously they arent jdm but they look cool plus i plan to put a similar mesh on the bottom part of the bumper

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-M...Q5fAccessories

and for future reference I dont plan on doing a jdm front end anytime soon. I actually like the 8gb front

Dont waste your money there's no hooks to go onto your bumper you'd have to make your own
    Here
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MITSU...item2a0d9a7eff

looks good but only if I can put it behind the grill and paint them black, but thanks I like the pattern

Hum would be a little project for you... Cut your fines out in your original grill buy some paint or have them paint it for you theyll do it for a little extra if you read the ad. Then adhere it to your grill on the back side. there you have it just like you wanted

...I like it..lol, Im just trying to think of the best way to cut the fins out and then adhere the mesh, paint is easy, im quite good at it.

Dremel them out. im not sure what adhesive you should use maybe bondo it on there and sand it down.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    I would color match the mesh

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Ok, so Im looking for some advice on where to go with my motor. I cant decide weather I want to do a DOHC swap and go to a 4g63 head or weather i wanna keep the SOHC and just go to a 272 cam and a new cam gear along with a header and an intake. Any advice on this is greatly appreciated.

UPDATE!
    Ok so finally got some new rubber on the g.

Picked these tires up at an amazing $260 wholesale and had them mounted, balanced and had an alignment for another $120. They are Haidas (Some Chinese brand, hopefully no problems). Same size as before 225/40/18 on a 7.5 inch wide rim. They sit really nice for even for the stock ride height. That will change hopefully next week when I will be ordering some Megan springs. Keep posted for that

On another note. Im having a bit of an issue that I cant put my finger on.
    Prior to getting these tires my car would sort of shake at anything above 70 mph. Now i thought it was the tires, which were very worn, I mean VERY worn. So when I installed these i thought for sure that with a complete balance and alignment, everything would be good. Sure enough, on the way down the turnpike back home, at about 80 mph the steering wheel sort of started shaking and rumbling. It wasn't too strong but enough to annoy me. Any ideas? Like i said all the balancing and alignment was done. Also I do have a slightly bent wheel as you can see in the picture, could this be causing problems?

Motor mounts is my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Prodigy View Post
    Motor mounts is my guess.
    Well I have had bad mounts for some time now. Can they effect the way the car rides like that?

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Redhaze View Post
    could always put some 8000k-12000k bulbs in your headlights for show and use the lights behind your grill as your real headlights when no ones looking
    ^
    Horrible Idea

And About fogs the 2500k yellows are a great choice, halogen performs be better in intense fog due to the spectrum emission of Halogen say vs a 3000k HID where the intensity and brightness will contribute to much of that light being reflected and not penetrating that lower level fog.

a bent wheel will cause vibration in the steering at higher speeds, when it's not too noticeable. Put the bent one in the back and see if it goes away. If it's still there, it could be your CV joints as well. Check if the CV bellows are hard or soft to the touch and if the grease is leaking.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast