The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Oil Pressure Light Flickering

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 23

Icon5 Oil Pressure Light Flickering

on my 8g my oil light flickers when the car is at low idle (like at a complete stop or red light) and goes off when I either accelerate or put the car in neutral or park. This flickering also only happens after the car has been driven bout 10 or more mins.......any solutions?

make sure your oil is at the level it should be at.if it is try changing the oil and if you cant see the oil on the dipstick deffinantly do a oil change.

I'm sure a search would find what you're looking for since this has been asked so many times. I'll be nice and answer it though. First and foremost, check your oil level. If it is fine, proceed to replacing the oil pressure sender. It's a small sensor located just above the oil filter. In most cases, these are the only 2 things you should need to be able to fix it. Also inspect the sensor's wire for any damage.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Icon14

Thanks, for the advice I will go get the oil change today. I initially did a search and only one similier came up but not necessarly exact. I am just a lil shaky about the problem because I just purchase the car

Which oil is considered best for the Galants? and is synthic blend or just regular oil good for about 90,000 miles?

Ohh man. Stop driving the car. Im in the same boat. Due to that my engine head is gone. Change the oil pressure switch make sure is oem from dealer. If that don't help. Don't I mean don't drive the car. Go to step 2 change the oil if stops and come back after a few days stop and don't drive it is something more internal. Step 3 check main crankshaft Berings and oil pump. Good luck. Hope u dont have to go to step 3 Dont drive the car with the light on.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

it is suppose to have 5w30.i dont think any oil is good for 90,000 mile.oil is suppose to be changed every 3,000 miles.if you go with synthetic you have to stay with it.do you mean your car has 90,000 on it?

Flickering oil light means oil pressure drop.

SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

yea i meant my car has about 90,000 miles on it.

Quote Originally Posted by newto8g View Post
    yea i meant my car has about 90,000 miles on it.
    oh ok.did changing the oil help any?

So I just change the oil to 5-30 synthetic valvoline and while i was down there i also changed the oil pressure sensor after a test drive the light did not come on or flicker but i will just monitor it over the next couple weeks. I got this car from an auction so the first thing i should have done was get a trans service and oil change i guess.

Thanks for your help

But i do have two more question?
    1.) how often does the transmission needs to be service?
    2.) Is there a certain torque for the oil pressure switch or is it just tighten until
    a nice snug fit?

So I just change the oil to 5-30 synthetic valvoline and while i was down there i also changed the oil pressure sensor after a test drive the light did not come on or flicker but i will just monitor it over the next couple weeks. I got this car from an auction so the first thing i should have done was get a trans service and oil change i guess.

Thanks for your help

But i do have two more question?
    1.) how often does the transmission needs to be service?
    2.) Is there a certain torque for the oil pressure switch or is it just tighten until
    a nice snug fit?
    i think it is supposed to be done like every 80,000 but im not sure.i think there is a certain torque for the oil pressure switch but it should be alright as long as it is as tight as you can get it.

hade the same oil light hense the reason why i did an engine swap poof old motor blown

Also I thought the radio didnt work but now i see i just needed a code? i need to reset radio from off mode which after some research i know how to do.

Also I thought the radio didnt work but now i see i just needed a code? i need to reset radio from off mode which after some research i know how to do.
    You need to either call or go to the dealer to get the code. You just Ned the VIN and proof you own the car.

I'd service the transmission sooner than that. Keep an eye on the fluid and how dark it gets.
    -Andrew

Just do a transmission flush and that's it, don't ever touch it again.

SOHC Turbo

ok i will call the number. i prob just replace the radio but atleast it would be nice to have something to listen to until then

The fluid is not dark yet but I do believe if any car is properly matainence it will run longer so I will definitly flush in within the next month. I know some ppl who never flush the trans.

I was thinking maybe ever 75,000 miles flushing the trans but after checking the manual i didnt see a schedule
    Last edited by newto8g; 01-07-2011 at 07:54 AM

ok i will call the number. i prob just replace the radio but atleast it would be nice to have something to listen to until then
    Yeah and it should be free. I believe.

It is essential to keep all the fluids maintained. My trans fluid was nasty! It should be a simple drain and fill x3
    -Andrew

The fluid is not dark yet but I do believe if any car is properly matainence it will run longer so I will definitly flush in within the next month. I know some ppl who never flush the trans.

I was thinking maybe ever 75,000 miles flushing the trans but after checking the manual i didnt see a schedule
    yeah flushing the transmission will make it last longer.i am not really sure about the interval for changing the tranny fluid.i think 75,000 is pretty good,but if you call the dealer they should be able to tell you the recommended interval.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast