The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Test fitting possible another set of rims

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Test fitting possible another set of rims

I got a friend of mine who's selling some Volk GT-U's 18x8 +45, without tires, im interested in buying them but not sure if it will rub with 225/40/18 with a 2.25-2.5 drop. just curious if tires will rub the rear knuckle.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

i think those wheels will fit but im not sure about the rubbing.if the do rub you can put spacers on it.do you have a camber kit in the rear?

Yeah i have a ingalls camber kit but i didnt zero out the camber, its sitting at -1 degree.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune

oh what size tires are you currently running?

someone is running the same size tires and dropped on teins so they should work
    225/40/18
    18X8 ET+45 (Bolt Pattern:5x114.3)
    Dropped on Tein s-tech and kyb agx all around.
    (No problems/issues at all, and the ride feels goodman.jpg)

sweet. im dropped an inch lower than the s-tech but just wanted to make sure. i was running 235/40/18 on my work xd9 and they rubbed BAD on the knuckle. just didnt want to run into the same problem since the wheels im looking at dont have any tires on them and i cant really test fit them.

yeah i hear you.but they should work because that guy is dropped and says he has no problems.those wheels in your picture are pretty sexy too.

u should be fine.

Thx guys! Hopefully I can get my friend to give me a hookup price. BTW im thinking about selling the Zigens. had them redone. got the lips and barrels repolished and clear coated and the face powdercoated gunmetal silver.

how much would you be looking to get for the zigens?

probably 1000 plus shipping. wheels are in mint condition. no dents, no scratches. just had them redone back in september i think. cost me 450 to have everything done.