The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Rear End Damage (ESTIMATE)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 56

Rear End Damage (ESTIMATE)

I was rear ended today, the rear bumper is cracked and really loose and the passenger taillight is chipped. What do you guys think the estimated cost of repair will be? The lady wants to pay out of pocket instead of having her insurance cover it.
    Last edited by Colton5419; 01-05-2011 at 02:35 PM

72,500 miles as of 3/30/11

From the looks of the pictures, its gonna be in the ball park price range of 4-5k$ easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua42007 View Post
    From the looks of the pictures, its gonna be in the ball park price range of 4-5k$ easily.
    I didn't put up any pictures yet haha... Basically I think the bumper will have to be replaced and painted as well as replacing the passenger taillight as it is chipped.

right under $800 looks realistic. I have a set of JDM 3rd gens $175 shipped if your looking to upgrade your current ones.
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

put some pictures up,then we could see how bad the damage is.

Minor damage really, but damage none-the-less. As I stated earlier the bumper is really loose, almost feels ready to fall off; the taillight is loose now too.

is your trunk lid damaged?

Experienced TGC Member o1naturalhigh's Avatar
    3rd gen tails + rear jdm bumper + paint + lady paying = WIN!

I don't see any damage to the trunk lid, it was a PT Cruiser that hit me and the bumper seemed to take the impact pretty well

ok so i would say around 1,000-1,200

who would be repairing it you or a shop?

I am going to "Enterprise Collision" in Niagara Falls, NY - so it is being repaired by a shop. Should be able to get an estimate tomorrow hopefully.

oh ok so yeah the shop is probably going to be pretty costly so it will deffinantly be around 800-1,000 for a new bumper cover,possibly the bumper reinforcement,a new tail light,and paint for the bumper.

alright guys thanks, I'll let you guys know what the estimate is when i get it.

no problem at least you and the car are alright.

Yeah i was beyond scared when i realised i was hit. I had a pair of rims in the trunk and two in the backseat (they hit the seat hard and i have neck pain because of it) but I was thinking my trunk was smashed in and the rims were destroyed haha. I was on my way to return them!

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    File claim, don't do out of pocket. The bumper cover could just have a crack and then you could have 2-3K worth of damage under. Take the bumper cover off, then it will be a realistic price. You could have frame damage, or the crash bar be damaged or both.

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    File claim, don't do out of pocket. The bumper cover could just have a crack and then you could have 2-3K worth of damage under. Take the bumper cover off, then it will be a realistic price. You could have frame damage, or the crash bar be damaged or both.
    Even if I have a collision shop do a really in depth check? If she refuses a high estimate I am calling her insurance company (I already have an on scene police report on the accident) and have contacted my insurance company. Both the police officer and my insurance say she is at fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Colton5419 View Post
    Yeah i was beyond scared when i realised i was hit. I had a pair of rims in the trunk and two in the backseat (they hit the seat hard and i have neck pain because of it) but I was thinking my trunk was smashed in and the rims were destroyed haha. I was on my way to return them!
    wow at least the rims didnt come up front and hit you.i am glad to hear you are alright though.

Thank God that Ray jumped in here. The useless knowledge of people that is being spit out around here needs to STOP.

Body damage is damn near impossible to estimate using pictures. Go to a repair facility and get a FULL estimate.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast