The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Rear End Damage (ESTIMATE)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 56
    Quote Originally Posted by Colton5419 View Post
    If she refuses a high estimate I am calling her insurance company
    Well of course. If she refuses to pay, file a claim.

But like Ray said... I would file a claim regardless.

Edit: I got an estimate on the damage to the body of my car. Door skin is repairable, and I need a new fender = $1250.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

But if I file a claim, then she can't pay out of pocket? I am getting the estimate tomorrow when they open. I want them to check everything out. Are estimates usually free?

72,500 miles as of 3/30/11

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    ^ that made my day lmao

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    But if I file a claim, then she can't pay out of pocket? I am getting the estimate tomorrow when they open. I want them to check everything out. Are estimates usually free?
    Yes they are free. Go to the dealer for an estimate, you want the highest estimate possible. If they just look it over the outside, make sure that they pull the bumper cover off or it will not be accurate.

Yeah a dealer estimate is a great idea, I'll go to a few places tomorrow and then get a hold of the person who hit me. If she agrees and writes me a check I wont file the claim. However, if she thinks its too high of an estimate etc I will call. I won't let this go more than a few days.

Yeah a dealer estimate is a great idea, I'll go to a few places tomorrow and then get a hold of the person who hit me. If she agrees and writes me a check I wont file the claim. However, if she thinks its too high of an estimate etc I will call. I won't let this go more than a few days.
    yeah thats a good idea shop around and give the highest estimate.

That's not a good idea to wait . You have to file a claim within 24hrs.

Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia View Post
    Thank God that Ray jumped in here. The useless knowledge of people that is being spit out around here needs to STOP.

Body damage is damn near impossible to estimate using pictures. Go to a repair facility and get a FULL estimate.
    x2 you dont know what got damaged underneath

Ray - it may be different in different states. In Minnesota, you only have to notify your insurance. I have yet to actually file a claim with my insurance company and its been over two weeks since my accident.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    File claim, don't do out of pocket. The bumper cover could just have a crack and then you could have 2-3K worth of damage under. Take the bumper cover off, then it will be a realistic price. You could have frame damage, or the crash bar be damaged or both.
    x10

I wrote an estimate last week on a 2011 S550 AMG. On the outside, the car had a tear in the bumper and a cracked grille, no big deal right? I had the shop take the bumper off while I waited, there was $7,000 in damage behind the bumper. Cars do funny things in accidents, take it apart and check everything back there.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    That's not a good idea to wait . You have to file a claim within 24hrs.
    My insurance company (State farm) told me to not even bother calling the other persons insurance company till friday (Nation wide). I was also informed by another person to just be sure not to let it go more than a few days. Its safe since there is a police report

My insurance company (State farm) told me to not even bother calling the other persons insurance company till friday (Nation wide). I was also informed by another person to just be sure not to let it go more than a few days. Its safe since there is a police report
    Oh ok, good deal then. Good luck.

Really appreciate the advisement! First accident for me.

Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia View Post
    Ray - it may be different in different states. In Minnesota, you only have to notify your insurance. I have yet to actually file a claim with my insurance company and its been over two weeks since my accident.
    In Mass they don't go by other shops quotes only by what the insurance adjuster says. I tried it with my front end I went to the most expensive shop in Springfield Mass, just looking at it n replacing the bumper n fender=$1100 n the insurance cut me a check for $400.

FreakyDeaky

Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Quote Originally Posted by Corey2kG View Post
    just looking at it n replacing the bumper n fender=$1100 n the insurance cut me a check for $400.
    So I could really make out better by having the lady pay out of pocket versus letting her insurance try to cheap out on me. I will get my estimates and show her the highest (for my saftey obviously, never know if the repairs might cost more) and then repair it wherever i seem fit.

^no make the claim!!!!!

FreakyDeaky

2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Quote Originally Posted by Corey2kG View Post
    ^no make the claim!!!!!
    She is an older woman willing to pay whatever estimate I give her, she is very concerned about her insurance dropping her etc.

I honestly think it would be better to get a professional estimate (several) and give her the highest.

I could get a quote of like $1000 or whatever including all damage and possible damage whereas HER coverage would go for the lowest
    Last edited by Colton5419; 01-05-2011 at 05:21 PM

Yeah i was beyond scared when i realised i was hit. I had a pair of rims in the trunk and two in the backseat (they hit the seat hard and i have neck pain because of it) but I was thinking my trunk was smashed in and the rims were destroyed haha. I was on my way to return them!
    file a claim against her insurance through yours, make sure its a representing claim. that means your insurance goes after hers for the damages, rather than you pay deductable while your insurance pays rest and tries to get reimbursed for it by her insurance.

take your ass to a hospital or doctor, dont play with neck pain, it is one of three parts of the body that WILL come back to haunt you if you disregard it when it happens. Get it looked at medically recorded and fixed if needed now while its still covered by state law for auto accident you hve 3 days from police report to see a doctor. im serious about this all other shit with the car can wait.

I'm sure it's fine, it was more so right after that it hurt. The headache went away with ibuprofen and the neck pain seems to have gone away too. If I feel ANY pain tomorrow I'm going to get it looked at but as of now I feel like I could run a marathon haha

N at that not only will you get your car fixed you could fake the funk n lawsuit lol jk that's fraud if your fine.

FreakyDeaky

2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast