The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Stock V6 Mounts Liquid Filled?

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Stock V6 Mounts Liquid Filled?

Are any of the stock mounts for the V6 liquid filled? Just curious. Tried searching but couldn't find anything...

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    I don't think so

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Just wanted to make sure. I think I need some mounts as I have an rpm dependent knocking noise on light to moderate loads that goes away for a second if I hit a bump/hill and get into a little negative G action. I'd rather spring for the stock mounts if they are liquid filled for a little extra dampening. Otherwise, if solid rubber, then some cheaper replacements will suffice.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    EBay

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

yes they are, the left and right mount have oil in them. the rear may be as well but it got to cold so i stopped cutting them open and went inside for cocoa

Theres no oil inside the v6 engine mounts. I have replaced broken ones a couple times and have not seen any oil.

'00 Patriot Red GTZ --> JDM'ed... 5 Speed... ...

as you can see from here the side mounts acn be crushed down like a skinny guy under a fat chick

notice how the center bolt slide crushes in and tears from the outer swing arms

however when you look at the bottom/rear mount they do not have those bumps. see how i ripped out the core smooth all around.

ill check the old mem card from my hd2 and see if i took picks from when i set the mount on fire befor i cut it up into peices,........yes i get destructive when i get bored

Lol thats new to me, I had replaced busted mounts in my cars and have never seen any oil or mess coming out of them!!!

'00 Patriot Red GTZ --> JDM'ed... 5 Speed... ...