The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: newbie from Scotland

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

newbie from Scotland

i am now on my 3rd galant/legnum. i had a 1998 2.0 GLS saloon for 3 1/2 years. i then replaced that with a 2000 2.4 GDi saloon which i kept for a year before upgrading to a 2001 2.5 V6-24v legnum. after 5 1/2 years of owning these cars i still love them and wouldnt buy anything other than a 8G. hopefully the next one will be a VR4 legnum which i intend to turn into a track car and keep the V6 as a daily runaround

Richie

welcome. thats a lot of space in that legnum!

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

thanks
    im 6 foot tall and i can lie flat out in the car with the seats folded down. plus i could move the front seats forward if i needed to. its a nice flat floor in the car too with some storage space underneath. i dont really need all that space but i like big fast cars and this one came up at the right time so i switched to that body style. compared to a saloon, it is far more practical and although it looks much longer, the difference is only 5 cm in length between a galant and legnum

Welcome to TGC! I can't check out the pics now but I will when I get home. Sounds like you have plenty of experience in the field either way.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

welcome
    Nobody built like u, u desighn ur self.

5spd swap
    full custom body conversion
    18x9 Works VS
    Big 16g evo3T next project

sadly not with a VR4. YET!
    i would now stick with the legnum but that is personal choice. it is easier to customise the saloon but the legnum is more practical. i cant give a fair opinion on performance because i would be comparing difference suspension set ups. the GLS had 14 inch alloys, the GDi had 15s and both were on soft suspension. the V6 has 17 inch alloys and sports suspension (all 3 cars were stock apart from the rear strut brace in the legnum) so i am not really able to give a saloon v estate comparison with any degree of accuracy. i cant imagine there would be much in it though. they are both great cars!

Another uk legnum owner, I'm not alone then... Welcome fella

Experienced TGC Member
    Are you a Billy Boy or go about the four leaf clover way?

Welcome
    -Chris

Welcome to TGC|
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Experienced TGC Member Rach3T8G's Avatar
    Welcome 2 TGC!!
    - Chris -
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT: My DD
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT

Welcome Scanny, Great site this one, loads to read. Mainly USDM here, but for me that's the interest.

i knew i wouldnt be the only clubVR4 member here lol
    i just love these cars so i think it would be interesting to see what owners are doing outside the UK. plus of course sourcing parts that we cant get eg rear hubs from an eclipse so i can switch to 5 stud. apparently the eclipse is the only car that will work and we dont have them over here