The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Overall top speed??

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 75
    v6 galant guy

Icon6 Overall top speed??

How do u improve overall top speed because the 8g galant only goes up to 120 does adding more hp make your car quicker or faster or both just wondering if i could get some help with this thanks people =]

blue8g
    Why do you need to break 120?

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    Can we just ban this tool?

Experienced TGC Member Rach3T8G's Avatar
    Why do you need to break 120?
    Maybe he wants to die who knows..

Sent from my Blackberry Curve 3G using Tapatalk.
    - Chris -
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT: My DD
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT

maybe he wants to drag the car.... either way with the auto tranny... 4 speed? yeah there isn't a way to go over 128, the engine SCREAMS! lmao
    EDIT: SEARCH!

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    why are you always flipping us off before asking a question?

Thats why this dude should be banned for being a tool

Dude you use emoticons like a fucking 10 year old girl.

Please use search.

v6 galant guy
    wow thanks for the help and bro im 19 so you can chill out i was just asking a question smh.. dickhead

you have to do some engine mods to increase top speed.such as a cold air intake,and exhaust,a turbo.the more horsepower you have the higher the top speed.

Quote Originally Posted by v6 galant guy View Post
    wow thanks for the help and bro im 19 so you can chill out i was just asking a question smh.. dickhead

v6 galant guy
    @galantlvr34.....thanks bro i just thought more horsepower means quicker car now i get it thanks alot..

blue8g
    I'm 18 and I don't type/speak like you?

yeap no problem btw we are the same age.

Quote Originally Posted by galantlvr34 View Post
    you have to do some engine mods to increase top speed.such as a cold air intake,and exhaust,a turbo.the more horsepower you have the higher the top speed.
    Thats not really true. Increasing horse power alone wont allways increase max speed. It will allways decrease the time it takes to reach max speed. But to increase max MPH you will need to have a gearbox that can handle the Max MPH your trying to acheive.

A cold air intake and exhuast will not increase your MAX MPH they just add better breathing, reduced fuel burnoff and reduce the back pressure on the engine.

Some cars are installed with a limiter that Wont allow your car to go faster than the set MAXMPH in the limiter. so no matter what you do to the engine unless you remove the limiter you still got as fast as the car will allow you to.

Quote Originally Posted by galantlvr34 View Post
    and that is entirely wrong BTW, the top speed is limited by the ECU

Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    Thats not really true. Increasing horse power alone wont allways increase max speed. It will allways decrease the time it takes to reach max speed. But to increase max MPH you will need to have a gearbox that can handle the Max MPH your trying to acheive.

A cold air intake and exhuast will not increase your MAX MPH they just add better breathing, reduced fuel burnoff and reduce the back pressure on the engine.

Some cars are installed with a limiter that Wont allow your car to go faster than the set MAXMPH in the limiter. so no matter what you do to the engine unless you remove the limiter you still got as fast as the car will allow you to.
    yeah thats true.

And I'm 20, but I'm not an idiot who has only posted 2 pointless threads and called everyone dickheads?

Quote Originally Posted by v6 galant guy View Post
    Infraction given... being the n00b around here you need to watch how you treat other users...

Back on topic...

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

Why would you need to break 120mph? Imo, asking that question proves that your car can't reach that speed on a 1/4 mile drag track. If you are driving that fast on the street, I wouldn't tell you how to go any faster out of fear for other drivers. So, what's the point in this?
    Chill the fuck up!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast