The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Overall top speed??

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Showing results 61 to 75 of 75
    even if you're on a track?

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

^^^ yea don't you know going any faster than 85 is insane...

Maybe he was watching Need for Speed and saw how fast they were going and thought, "Hey! I wanna go that fast!"

Boy: Wanna have sex?

Girl: Wanna listen Deadmau5?

Boy: Wanna do both?

*30 mins later*

Cop: So you're saying she just exploded?

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deeznutz View Post
    ^^^ yea don't you know going any faster than 85 is insane...
    I'm only going to say this. 65 is the speed limit around my area. Anything over 85 is jail time, IF the cop feels like going that far, which is no disrespect to cops. So I choose to drive 65-75 and I choose to make me, my passengers, and innocent people driving near me safe too. A closed track is a different story.

IIRC, arent the v6 goverened to a top speed of <120mph? so even if you add 1000 extra horses, it still wont go faster than 120 mph.

BTW, when are you ever going to hit 120mph in NYC? Its illegal and this is basically asking people, "how can I break the law and maybe kill other people while I'm doing it?"

^ True.

But yet, I'm wrong for thinking over 85 is pointless.

I just want to understand the logic. You want to make evereyone in and around your car safe so over 85 is Stupid and Pointless, you say you dont blame the cops for sending one to jail for going over 85 which is against the law.
    However going 66mph is against the law and you are even willing to go 75 Mph which is 10 miles over the posted legal speed limit.....
    so how does that make it not speeding........

In reality ANYONE going OVER THE POSTED SPEED LIMIT should be seen as stupid and pointless whether its 66, 75, 85, 95, or 120+.......Any random accident over 60mph on an open freeway CAN AND DOES kill people every day.

Here in NY 5 Buroughs the speed limit on the highway is 55mph unless posted 50 mph. so if you come here driving at your reg comfort of 75 not knowing our unposted speed limit your actually endagering all of us folk used to driving at 55 mph because your going 20mph faster than us on roads you dont know in traffic your not used to.

Point is > Speeding is Speeding no matter how much faster it is than the posted speed limit. You cant tell others not to speed cause you arent comfortable at their speed while ignoring the people that arent comfortable with you going 10 mph over the legal speed limit that they obey.

Banned
    Here in san antonio you can get 5% faster then posted speed limit..Which is like..1-3 MPH more then posted...Plus we also got signs all over sayin.. DONT SLOW TEXAS DOWN(Slow traffic right lane).. still noobdrivers going 35 on 35 to austin hoggin up the lanes, when it's 65 @ night.

jubeiaire your my new hero. I'd like to add something if i may in a place far far far away called Germany their is this road called the Autobahn. Now speeds are restricted to and based on the type's of vehicles driven on it. With out going thru the whole history of the Autobahn facts state that the Autobahn is one of the safest roads in the WORLD! Now with that being said its also a proven fact that it's not the speed that makes the roads unsafe it is in fact the LACK of extensive driver training that kills! Their less fatalities on the Autobahn than most US major highways period. What makes our roads so unsafe? Where to start driver training, congestion, poor roadways, dumb mother fuckers and the list goes on... Listen everyone speeds at one point or another, when i choose to speed it's in the middle of the night when their are little to no cars to endanger flat out. OOh and a v6 galant can exceed 120 mph tested the theory Saturday night @ 2am in way less than a half a mile on I684...

Single minded people are very funny.

FUCK THE SPEED LIMIT. The point is how fast you can get to a given speed. Like 0-65, how quick can you go up there? Also yes ECU tuning\flash\re-program is the key to unlock the top speed. I believe car manufacture are not stupid and leave the top speed all over so people could drive at crazy speed. If your car doesn’t have performance parts and aero dynamic structure, getting to stop speed with a stock parts more likely you asking for trouble. Let’s not talk about top speed, let’s talk about how much balls your engine have.
    Last edited by Isaurio; 01-21-2011 at 01:22 PM

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

exactly. Would I want to do 120 in a stock galant? Hell no. Add a 6g75, brembo brakes, sticky tires, freshened up suspension with quality aftermarket parts and it becomes very easy to speed up and slow down. Sometimes too easy.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    I just want to understand the logic. You want to make evereyone in and around your car safe so over 85 is Stupid and Pointless, you say you dont blame the cops for sending one to jail for going over 85 which is against the law.
    However going 66mph is against the law and you are even willing to go 75 Mph which is 10 miles over the posted legal speed limit.....
    so how does that make it not speeding........

In reality ANYONE going OVER THE POSTED SPEED LIMIT should be seen as stupid and pointless whether its 66, 75, 85, 95, or 120+.......Any random accident over 60mph on an open freeway CAN AND DOES kill people every day.

Here in NY 5 Buroughs the speed limit on the highway is 55mph unless posted 50 mph. so if you come here driving at your reg comfort of 75 not knowing our unposted speed limit your actually endagering all of us folk used to driving at 55 mph because your going 20mph faster than us on roads you dont know in traffic your not used to.

Point is > Speeding is Speeding no matter how much faster it is than the posted speed limit. You cant tell others not to speed cause you arent comfortable at their speed while ignoring the people that arent comfortable with you going 10 mph over the legal speed limit that they obey.
    so true

Quote Originally Posted by Isaurio View Post
    FUCK THE SPEED LIMIT. The point is how fast you can get to a given speed. Like 0-65, how quick can you go up there? Also yes ECU tuning\flash\re-program is the key to unlock the top speed. I believe car manufacture are not stupid and leave the top speed all over so people could drive at crazy speed. If your car doesn’t have performance parts and aero dynamic structure, getting to stop speed with a stock parts more likely you asking for trouble. Let’s not talk about top speed, let’s talk about how much balls your engine have.
    True if your driving a mediocre car but most of todays cars are not your average cars they are built for speed because of the high demand for it.

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=44849

my point is now supported. Take your speed to the track.

edit: and jubeiaire, I respect and understand what your saying, how ever, I am only okay with 75 when you are going with the flow of traffic, which around here seems to be the new 65 on the highways lately. Also, my whole ride from CT to upstate NY I followed all posted speedlimits. I set my cruise AT or 1 mile below the posted speedlimit to enjoy the ride and make sure that I followed the speedlimit because unlike most of the speed demons in CT, most of the people traveling on I-90 go about the speedlimit, so in that case, going the speed limit doesn't hurt because you're not disrupting the flow of traffic.

Obviously everyone has different opinions on this subject. This in the internet and this is my opinion. Done on this subject.
    Last edited by 99 galant; 01-21-2011 at 09:59 PM

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234