The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Q:What should I start with first

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 46
    where u stay? with snow must be northside? start on what u like man... you can always do a lil of both at the same time... but u have to watch what you do cause things on our cars like to fuck up fast lol..... i had to chang injectors an my intake manifold an thraotle body before i could do anything. i still need to re pipe my exhust.. i dnt like tint personaly but i am getting some sense ppl always on my ass about it lol... i agree with predat-r .....

its not that were hard on u but sometimes u just need to listen to those that have been there, my g was rice for like a second. just fight the earge to do cheap pointless mods and the end result will reward u
    Nobody built like u, u desighn ur self.

5spd swap
    full custom body conversion
    18x9 Works VS
    Big 16g evo3T next project

^ i wasnt talking about u guys i careless at the bs lol... i was talking about ppl i know live here an go to car meets an shows as i do...

well I like the fact your ride is white....I love white galants. I would say by far the best mod I have ever done is the 5 speed swap and I think you will find anyone here that has done it will strongly suggest that as your first mod. But with 3200 for a car fund you can do a lot really. If you plan on doing a lot of the work yourself you are good man...with the loot you have saved, with proper planning, you could do the trans swap, drop, exhaust and maybe a set of wheels. That would be a great start. Good luck

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

Quote Originally Posted by DTP View Post
    o00o0o WHO IT IS? Haha. Galants are amazing. I'm soooo glad I bought mine.

Sleepers are best. I wanna do something like that with mine... Too many hondaricers
    ^^^^ Gotta watch out for those Hondaricers cuz they are running our Awd turbo 4g64 settup, it's uber annoying

"Triangle Circle Triangle Square"

I bet that his friend is that guy that had wood grain on top his hood and roof.

I say go fo something that you can handle doing yourself. I did D2 coilovers with no prior experiamce on the suspension. That could be a good start for you.
    1.get some wheels (before you get wheels you should consider 5lug conversion)
    2. Get low.
    3. Stay away from stick-on autozone BS.
    4. No rice wings.
    5. All new exhaust ran.
    6. Maybe get some tint. But do it right or have someone else do it. Nothin looks as crappy as a bad tint job.

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Oh, and sometimes the fat guy can lay the pipe. Just saying.....

NateAtkinson17
    wont let me view

Quote Originally Posted by NateAtkinson17 View Post
    wont let me view
    it wont let you view what?

NateAtkinson17
    nervermind lol

NateAtkinson17
    Quote Originally Posted by 98mgalant View Post
    i bet that his friend is that guy that had wood grain on top his hood and roof.

I say go fo something that you can handle doing yourself. I did d2 coilovers with no prior experiamce on the suspension. That could be a good start for you.
    1.get some wheels (before you get wheels you should consider 5lug conversion)
    2. Get low.
    3. Stay away from stick-on autozone bs.
    4. No rice wings.
    5. All new exhaust ran.
    6. Maybe get some tint. But do it right or have someone else do it. Nothin looks as crappy as a bad tint job.
    shes already low as she can go without scrapping the pavement lol

You need to get some better pics up dude. I thought that it looked a little lowered but I thought that it might have been the angle of the pics.

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Oh, and sometimes the fat guy can lay the pipe. Just saying.....

NateAtkinson17
    Quote Originally Posted by 98mgalant View Post
    you need to get some better pics up dude. I thought that it looked a little lowered but i thought that it might have been the angle of the pics.
    yah i have a shitty camera but il upload more tomorow

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    evil is right about the 5 speed swap as i mentioned earlier, do the 5 speed swap then decide what you want to do next, the 5 speed swap is more like getting a new car than just upgrading it.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

yo chill with the information overload, he has to crawl before he could walk or run. So keep that in mind besides he has to budget all these thing into place. Luuv how all the 7g guys are looking out

5spd swap
    18x9 Works VS

we gotta take care of our own! LOL

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

the offset on the 18'' are 45

5spd swap
    18x9 Works VS

NateAtkinson17
    Quote Originally Posted by Predat-R View Post
    the offset on the 18'' are 45
    who r u talking to

my bad i was responding to 98mgalant just realized wrong thread

5spd swap
    18x9 Works VS

so any decisions on where to start yet

5spd swap
    18x9 Works VS

NateAtkinson17
    Quote Originally Posted by Predat-R View Post
    so any decisions on where to start yet

well im thinkin right now im not that interested in blowing all my cash in this galant right now maybe future i can get her all set up nicer but gonna buy some coilovers and new rims for my 240 cuz shes my main priority right now so idk. when i first got the galant there was a blown headgasket and i replaced that and got it running but then it would only start when it wanted. i would hear a little sound coming from
    in passenger dash everytime ahe doesnt start ( if you have any idea what that may be please let me know im not sure ) but i replaced started cuz selonoid was bad but hopefully thats all i have to replace idk im in a mess of other things lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast