The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How much for a paint job?

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

How much for a paint job?

I figured this would be the obvious section to put this thread.

How much on average for a new paint job? Nothing fancy, factory color paint, but I don't want one of those cheap ghetto paint jobs. Something that looks like it came out of the factory so it is still nice.

NateAtkinson17
    A couple grand most likely idk about solo painters

you're gonna have to be more descriptive about what u want. a paint job can cost from a couple of dollars to tens of thousands of dollars.

and then there's stuff like the prep work necessary and if applicable the work that needs to be done post-paint.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    i got the Plus 3 and it came out pretty nice:

http://www.onedaypaint.com/our-promotions-2/

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6 View Post
    you're gonna have to be more descriptive about what u want. a paint job can cost from a couple of dollars to tens of thousands of dollars.

and then there's stuff like the prep work necessary and if applicable the work that needs to be done post-paint.
    Ok more specific... how much do you think it would cost to get a paint job that looks like the car just came right off the line. And when I say the line I mean the Mitsubishi line... not the Rolls Royce. How's that? lol

for a basic color no pearl or metallic no body work just sand and go 3K ball park. to answer your question!

Quote Originally Posted by deeznutz View Post
    for a basic color no pearl or metallic no body work just sand and go 3K ball park. to answer your question!
    Hmmm... might be cheaper to key the car on every panel and pay the $500 deductible to have the vandalism covered under comprehensive lol.... 3k? geez

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tr1kst4nce View Post
    Hmmm... might be cheaper to key the car on every panel and pay the $500 deductible to have the vandalism covered under comprehensive lol.... 3k? geez
    wow really?

only if you want to go to jail if you get caught. 3000 might be the high to pain the car the same color. i would say about 2-2500 for the same color and if you want to change the color tack on an extra 500 to a grand. its depends who you go to do your homework. And if you don't want to do you homework try the franchise ones, better than going to jail.

also a job that comes off the factory line is not all that either.