The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Help !Headlight question 04 GTS

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Help !Headlight question 04 GTS

Can I get some help on headlights on a 04 GTS?? OK, recentely got a 04 GTS at a good price that needs some work. Bought it with Headlights that werent connected to the harness. Easy fix I thought. Few Mechanics here are clueless and dont want to go to the dealer cause of cost.

Issue is , the car has harness or wiring with 4 connectors or (4 bulbs). The car headlight assembly has space for 3 bulbs. After researching , Im guessing the owner slapped on some headlights for a de/es/ls . and didnt connect anything. So need to know
    1)GTS stock headlights are projectors ,hid, or reg. or what?
    2)4 connectors= Hi beam, Lo, daytime running, blinker ?
    3)will only headlights for a GTS fit the connectors.
    4)Why so much problem converting the 3 bulb headlight (guessing Hi/Lo beam combined and daytime , blinker light. Is there a simple harness to convert it.
    5)Do I just need to get a headlights that is GTS only to solve this? and where can i get a cheap set, nothing fancy.... Need help asap, unable to drive when it gets dark. Just want to drive at night !!
    This Forum looks awsome...Want to get this GTS goin. Thanks

I'm guessing that GTS models come with projector headlights with no HIDs. The 4 connections are prolly for the main head lamp, blinker, park light and day light running light i think. so basically you need to get the projector head lights. Or ask an electrical guy to do the conversion on all the wiring. good luck

I'm doin the conversion myself. Got it to work but the connections aren't tight so the lights come off and on. Waitin on an HID I ordered , will make it easier to convert from 9006 to orig 9005 bulbs. Had to rig the bulb sockets also cause had none.

mine is 9007 bulb and it's 2007 es. i guess 04s are 9005 bulb type. but yeah, nice work on getting it work instead of buying the projector headlamp. They hard to find and cost a lot.

just finished the conversion to HID, I bought off ebay. Worked great , just got the 9005 hookup with 6000k bulbs. Had to do some modifying but its working good. now I can drive at night. Hey are you in the Philippines? I'm Pinoy too, Kumusta.

Oy pare Koi..haha I wish I were in the Philippines right now..lolz So cold here in NJ. Good job pre.. Good luck on your GTS. Post some pics=)

the gts came with projectors but u should be able to go with none projectors if you want, i'm gonna hid mine as soon as the weather brakes. i've had my 04 gts for 4 years if you need any info hit me up, also i was the first to try and run the aem fis and bullet hrnes, dont try it.
    Your signature is against the rules too - Prophet