The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Drivers Side Damage (ESTIMATES)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 61
    Quote Originally Posted by Colton5419 View Post
    This is not fun business haha I hope it gets settled soon
    yeah hopefully both of the accidents will be fixed.at least you were not in the car though.

Quote Originally Posted by 99 galant View Post
    I wasn't trying to be a jerk. Keith had a HUGE smash in his rear quarter like that, you have to cut and re-weld it and no one thought he could do it. He did it and you'd never know, I'm sure it could get expensive at a shop
    lol yea this is true. I can send you pics if you'd like. My car is still a frankenstein but you have to pull trunk rug up to tell.

The damage you have pictured is nothing! I could fix that in a couple of hour lol. Pop that dent out the best you can either inside the trunk or behind the rear seats. Make it look the best you can, then fill it in with the fiberglass topped with filler. Scratch it up, prime it, paint it, clear it. Sounds like hamburger helper, but to me it's not hard anymore lol.

You're about 4-5 hours away from me.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

The problem is I can't fix it myself, and I'm not at fault so they need some sort of written estimate, or their insurance company has to take pictures and estimates and all that crap.

72,500 miles as of 3/30/11

The problem is I can't fix it myself, and I'm not at fault so they need some sort of written estimate, or their insurance company has to take pictures and estimates and all that crap.
    Yea, you need to take it to a collision center and get an estimate. I got 5 estimates on mine and the cheapest I got was 3500 with a clean title or 5000 with an R title. Clean title ftw. lol.

Just drive it to collision centers. If you never got the 1st accident taken care of, you'll need to get 2 separate written estimates. Make sure they clearly state what is being done on each estimate.

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Yeah I'll do that tomorrow I guess, another day off wasted driving around getting repair estimates. The worst part of it all is the fact that I'm too young to drive a rental, so during repairs I have to be driven around and it's inconvenient.

Yeah I'll do that tomorrow I guess, another day off wasted driving around getting repair estimates. The worst part of it all is the fact that I'm too young to drive a rental, so during repairs I have to be driven around and it's inconvenient.
    yea that's shitty..

I had to drive one of my dads cars around for about a month. Had to wait a long time for the insurance money to come in. What bs that was.

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Riot View Post
    Which is why I deleted it. If he plans on getting something different it wouldn't matter to him but since the wreck isn't his fault just use the insurance money. I know what I originally said works though, I've been there.
    Sorry, keith who did the work on his suggested the same thing actually. It just didn't seem like it would work.

Quote Originally Posted by 99 galant View Post
    Sorry, keith who did the work on his suggested the same thing actually. It just didn't seem like it would work.
    well it just wouldn't work for me because mine was crunched up bad. His is a dent and not a crunch from the back lol. Yea he'll be alright if he pops it back out the best he can and fill in whats left. The indent isn't too bad.

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Yeah I'm honestly hoping the estimates are high but not too high that the guy doesnt want to pay out of pocket. Then I'll just have the same shop thats doing my bumper cover/paint go ahead and hammer out this dent till it looks "O.K" and call it a day. I can't be troubled to wait around for insurance company's you know?

Yeah I'm honestly hoping the estimates are high but not too high that the guy doesnt want to pay out of pocket. Then I'll just have the same shop thats doing my bumper cover/paint go ahead and hammer out this dent till it looks "O.K" and call it a day. I can't be troubled to wait around for insurance company's you know?
    no no no.. You get the estimates. Drive your car. Get the insurance money. Setup a weekend to get your car done. Drive it on monday, good as new =)

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Quote Originally Posted by keith6110 View Post
    no no no.. You get the estimates. Drive your car. Get the insurance money. Setup a weekend to get your car done. Drive it on monday, good as new =)
    True, I'll have to let you guys know how this all turns out ... both accidents haha

True, I'll have to let you guys know how this all turns out ... both accidents haha
    If it makes you feel any better:

That's my G in 2008

My sig shows the after.

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Wow, That's a project right there man. I can't help but notice, where is this little vent and what does it do? Mine was smushed/cracked a little in the other accident and I'm NOT getting it fixed.

Picture:

ohh, its for cabin pressure. say you slam the door, that flap opens. If it were closed all the time, it would be a little harder to shut the door quickly lol.

The flap is located on the passenger side of the rear bumper.

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Quote Originally Posted by keith6110 View Post
    ohh, its for cabin pressure. say you slam the door, that flap opens. If it were closed all the time, it would be a little harder to shut the door quickly lol.
    Oh I would have never thought of that, do think it's okay the way it is? Or will it cause some problems later?

Oh I would have never thought of that, do think it's okay the way it is? Or will it cause some problems later?
    nah its fine. Rust may be an issue down the road. They break on their own as it gets old anyway.

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Okay, thanks keith! I really appreciate the support and information you've been able to provide for me

Okay, thanks keith! I really appreciate the support and information you've been able to provide for me
    hey, no problem. It's always easier to talk to someone that's already been through it.

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Exactly, I always know to come to you guys here at TGC before doing anything. I always get the information from everyone that I need, and everyone is nice about doing so.

I love my G, slightly irritated that I can't fix the damn rattling glove box though :/

Exactly, I always know to come to you guys here at TGC before doing anything. I always get the information from everyone that I need, and everyone is nice about doing so.

I love my G, slightly irritated that I can't fix the damn rattling glove box though :/
    tighten up those star screws on both the latch and the glove box. I believe that fixed mine.

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast