The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Drivers Side Damage (ESTIMATES)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 61
    I removed that heavy metal plate from it, and tightened all the screws - i even bent the clip a bit to hold it up a bit higher and it still rattles and sags low

72,500 miles as of 3/30/11

Estimates ranging from $840 to $1335 on this dent in the quarter panel.

The guy is cutting me a check for $1000

Quote Originally Posted by Colton5419 View Post

i knew it would be pretty exspensive.but at least the guy is willing to work with you.

Just hope the check is good. I'd ask for cash.
    Chill the fuck up!

Oh really i have a similar dent like that i guess it well be staying there. dang

I would haved taken it to keith.

Yeah the check will be good, they live right across from my girlfriends house. I really don't care about the dent anymore, I might just try pushing it back out and see what it looks like. Theres not really any paint damage

[UPDATE]

(Mind you the car is COVERED in salt, I just got back from a night at the slopes)

I've taken it upon myself and pulled apart the trunk and used a rubber hammer to bang out as much of the dent as I could myself.

There are still a few small dents that I can't seem to get to pop or bend back as well as a very tiny chip/crack in the paint about the size of a pencil eraser by the wheel well.
    Last edited by Colton5419; 01-17-2011 at 02:08 PM

[UPDATE]

(Mind you the car is COVERED in salt, I just got back from a night at the slopes)

I've taken it upon myself and pulled apart the trunk and used a rubber hammer to bang out as much of the dent as I could myself.

There are still a few small dents and a tiny chip/crack in the paint by the wheel well that I can't seem to get to pop or bend back.
    so you got the dent out yourself.you cant really see the dent from the picture.it looks like it is most of the way out.

Yeah it looks a lot better; there are only slight bends in the metal where the larger dents were at and a small dent still is by the wheel well that just wont pop, but it looks a lot better than before. - theres also some scratching etc but it's not worth the $1,000 or more that the shops estimated the damage at.

Yeah it looks a lot better; there are only slight bends in the metal where the larger dents were at and a small dent still is by the wheel well that just wont pop, but it looks a lot better than before. - theres also some scratching etc but it's not worth the $1,000 or more that the shops estimated the damage at.
    it is kind of hard to see the dent from that angle.all you can see is a shadow or something.

When the car get's washed and cleaned I'll take better pictures, right now with all the salt it's almost impossible to see any dents in the pictures i'm taking (mainly visible by light reflecting on the car)

When the car get's washed and cleaned I'll take better pictures, right now with all the salt it's almost impossible to see any dents in the pictures i'm taking (mainly visible by light reflecting on the car)
    ok it seems like it is a lot better now then it was.

From a far it doesn't look to bad at all

In the light the marks from where the big dents were are visible still

I kind of damaged this part in the process of repair, the mallet couldn't fit so I used the end of an ice scraper to try to push the smaller dent out and didn't realize it was doing damage.

it looks a lot better then it did.you can barely notice it is there now.

thanks man, i'm curious if where its at now is something i could have someone fix with bondo or similar

thanks man, i'm curious if where its at now is something i could have someone fix with bondo or similar
    yeah it looks like it is just a small dent now.it could be bonded and painted,it probably wouldnt cost so much at the shop now because you pulled most of it out.

thats exactly what i'm hoping, my bumper is getting painted tomorrow and getting put on later this week for $400 so i'll have to see what they will charge to cover the remaining damage.

thats exactly what i'm hoping, my bumper is getting painted tomorrow and getting put on later this week for $400 so i'll have to see what they will charge to cover the remaining damage.
    yeah they would probably charge like 400 maybe little more or less but thats not to bad it is like half of the original estimate.

Quote Originally Posted by galantlvr34 View Post
    yeah they would probably charge like 400
    Yeah that wouldn't be too bad, I'll let you guys know what they say!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast