The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: installing head units 07 es

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

installing head units 07 es

Is it possible to install single din head units in my 07 es. Or a double din. Doesn't look like it be as easily don't as my 03 galant where the front dash just pulled out. Thanks

Zack

all you have to do is pull from the botom of the center consal slowly and it should pop out. you will need to buy an instalation kit in order for you to have a double din or single sin in place. I bought one from metra. it didnt cost more than $20.00. i think you can get them on ebay or cruthfeild, and amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Metra-99-7012-.../dp/B001E6VEB8

Do you have the Infinity premium package? If you do, the easy part will be getting the face plate off the dash to get everything out. The rest is the hard part. The infinity packages like the one with the 6 disc player in it and everything use their own built in amp and use a specific kind of wire that runs from the unit to all the speakers. Its a type of special data cable of some kind. You'll have to bypass the built in amp and run all new wire to all the speakers...