The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: L5 Sub box

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

L5 Sub box

Guys, ive got an L5 with my other one on its way. Ive ran 2 in a slot vented box an blew em...one at a time and never even ran a full 1200w to em. I think its my box but its approx. 1.8cf for each sub so i dont see a problem. Im gonna run a big sealed box unless someone can give me a good ported design or jus some help because I really dont want to go sealed.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    no one here will probably spend time to find all the specs to give you a ported design..i cant remember the name of the program i used to use but heres a similar one

http://www.ajdesigner.com/speaker/index.php

Well im rele not askn for dimensions. but i dont understand why 2 of em blew. I kno the L5's are beasts. i jus dont understand...ive been run'n my one in a sealed box for awhile now an no problems from it at all...an thx for link.

Thank you...I forget about G.F. Dimensions i was gonig to go with is 34L,15H,15D. approx. 2Cf per chamber. Thats kickers largest recomendation in a sealed box.

Can you design a box for me?
    -Andrew

You want box dimensions or do you need a certain cubic feet? I can give u formula for that, its simple.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    i had an issue with a box before that wasnt properly sealed up

Yea boxes that arent sealed correctly is pretty much like a ported box that isnt right for ur sub. It can give distortion an no sound quality. And i guess my main question was. What size box should i use for the L5's..i rele wanted ported but i cant afford to keep blowing them.

Ok. Got both L5's in My little sealed box yesterday an started to break the new one in. Already without my amp tuned to fully power them and they are extremely powerful. I'm already happy with it but because its sealed not a thing on the car doesnt make a noise. Therefore i still want my ported box. So mite still try it.

Few days old now, but just updating. Experimented around an put the L5's in my slot vented box, left the amp a hair over halfway. Approximatly 850-900w a peice to em an they slam SOO hard. They seem like there at full power tho. Guess i shouldnt try to blow $160 by makin it louder than it already is.
    2001 Mitsubishi Galant-Totalled..=(
    1987 Cheverolet IROC-Z Camaro-TPI 350
    1989 Nissan 240sx-built SOHC-Trade for Honda
    1999 civic Hatch B20vtec- current
    Lookn for galant to build. .

something must be messed up with the box or the gains on the amp. I am running 1 12" L7 with about 500W from a kenwood amp in a 3.5 cu ft box tuned to 28hz and i have been running that for about 3 years now with no issues.

It was the box man, WAYYY too small for my L5's...sold em tho and bout to put new system together.
    2001 Mitsubishi Galant-Totalled..=(
    1987 Cheverolet IROC-Z Camaro-TPI 350
    1989 Nissan 240sx-built SOHC-Trade for Honda
    1999 civic Hatch B20vtec- current
    Lookn for galant to build. .