The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: What typically goes bad on the 9gs?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 24

What typically goes bad on the 9gs?

On 7gs we all know the automatic transmission is going to fail sooner or later. Also the IAC is another thing that seems to fail frequently as is the recirculating air motor behind the glove box. What typically goes bad on the 9gs?
    jjj
    98 ES (5 spd), 94 GS (5 spd), 94 ES (rebuilt auto), 92 Toyota 4X4, 81 KZ550 A2, 67 Mercedes 250S, 58 Mercedes 190SL

Haven't had mine long but no problems so far on my 2010 SE.

No problems here on my 07 SE. Had it for 4 months
    9th Generation Mitsubishi G
    TGC Texas Chapter

Friends don't let friends drive stock. Ever

I have an 06 with 63k and I had only one problem... Window regulators.

I bought mine brand new in 2005. The only thing I've had go wrong is one of the 12 heat shields came loose so it was making a rattling noise. But that is more than likely due to the fact they were doing so much repair on the roads and they were so rough and bumpy. $20 bought the new clamp and paid to have it installed.

Other than that... no problems yet after 66k miles.

Treat your 9g good and baby her and she will last awhile.

Effort and courage are not enough, without purpose and direction.

07 Ralliart: Issues since purchase = NONE

Mitsubishi is known for heat shield noises. Mine does the same thing. I just have it clamped down and hope for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by MitShadow06 View Post
    Mitsubishi is known for heat shield noises. Mine does the same thing. I just have it clamped down and hope for the best.
    Well the good news is that it's a simple and cheap fix.

Effort and courage are not enough, without purpose and direction.

yoda350
    I have an '05 with the V6, and I put 100 miles per day on it. It is now up to 112,000 miles on it. I have only had one mechanical problem. One of the ignition coils went bad at around 90,000 miles or so. That has been it.

The only other issue I have noticed is that the rubber pieces underneath my windshield are starting to drift out of position, and so I have had to take a screwdriver and stuff them back in place. This could be due to the fact that the car is not garage kept, and it gets pretty hot here in Alabama during the summer. Sooner or later, those rubber pieces start to go bad.

Other than that, it seems to be a good car. It grips the road better than any car I have ever had.

I work at mitsu. CEL po455 loose gas cap. P0401 egr flow= egr valve. Po421 i4=manifold cat v6=bank 1 cat.
    Noise metallic draging noise = loose.heat.shield. i4. Creaking front end over speed bump = front lower control.arm.

The only problem I have had is the brake/shifter cable. I have to press the brake further down than normal to shift out of park. There's a recall for this but I never bothered to take it in to get replaced.

I have 5 of these cars.

Problems so far= one window regulator failed, window wouldnt open, warranty.

Outstanding build quality, best of any car I have ever owned.

2005 Gts 100 miles + (runs like new . . .)
    2 Cosmetic Accidents
    1 Cold Air Intake Upgrade
    1 relay dead (not sure if this is relay or fuse, but radio/and all windows died, incl sunroof)
    1 Service Light - O2 Sensor (BANK 1 SENSOR 2)

always use premium gas and always use synthetic oil.
    getting new sparks, belts and complete workaround tune up in t minus 12 days.

Oil Pressure sending unit. Little bastard located on the head. Came on, but the car ran normal, so I called the dealership and they said OPSU for sure, its common. I replaced it and its still on =.= Damn little red light is annoying during the night but i've had my 04 DE for 8 months, put 10k on it so far and nothing. Perfect.

My friend the owner of the transport company of a taxi. He uses the 2006 9G 5 cars. Mileage 400.000+. Problem: in all cars. Stabilizer links 100.000 km, 2 cars - destruction of the radiator condenser A/C 200.000 km. 2 cars - replacement of the oil pressure sensor. 1 car - replacement of shock absorbers. the 3-car - replacement of catalysts 180.000 km. 9G - superreliable car. Camry, Теаnа, Sonata can't go 250.000+ they had to sell. .

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    about 100k miles and i have another clanking sound which now isnt coming from the heat shields. it's more from the water pump so i i now have to do my 120k maintenance early.

Quote Originally Posted by 9G View Post
    about 100k miles and i have another clanking sound which now isnt coming from the heat shields. it's more from the water pump so i i now have to do my 120k maintenance early.
    Sorry, that was interfering. Maybe it's not the water pump. Pay attention when there is a clang. If the flow of air in the cabin directed to the windshield and a clang front, this fault pump air conditioner. In the other direction of air flow clang disappears. If you send a file with audio recording, I will tell you about your problem. Sorry, if not helped you.

2006 Mitsubishi galant ES with 55,000 miles....SOOOO far have not experienced any problems....THANK GOD!!

you should take it in if its a recall...there was a catalytic converter recall for my 04 Galant for the heat parameters in the ecu i took it in and the exaust manifold and catalytic converter was bad they ordered it and are going to install it all for free.... gota love it
    BIG WILLY 9G FOO..........

Quote Originally Posted by Daes9G View Post
    The only problem I have had is the brake/shifter cable. I have to press the brake further down than normal to shift out of park. There's a recall for this but I never bothered to take it in to get replaced.

my bad the last post was a response to this post but yeah other than that 135,000 miles on my 04 Galant and beside the normal due maintenance absolutely no problems.....i love this car
    BIG WILLY 9G FOO..........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast