The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: What typically goes bad on the 9gs?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 24 of 24
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG_WILLY_831 View Post
    you should take it in if its a recall...there was a catalytic converter recall for my 04 Galant for the heat parameters in the ecu i took it in and the exaust manifold and catalytic converter was bad they ordered it and are going to install it all for free.... gota love it
    My nearest dealership is over an hour away from me. That's the reason I haven't bothered with the recalls. Mine also needs the catalytic converter recall performed as well. :(

1) they had to reprogram the onboard computer once (free)

2) Long trips in the desert i think a rock hit my condenser / evaporator on my AC and caused a leak due to build design in the front alot of debris can fly thru the front. (warranty took care of this)

NOTE: just regular maintenance , but with this car 1 maintenance is a must and thats the BELTS, be sure to change belts at around 60-65K miles and then just do your normal routine maintenance and car will last.

Both my rear door window regulators went bad and cause the window to drop. These plastic tabs go bad. I just pulled the door panels off and used vice grips to hold the window up on the track.

Oh and all 4 of my door panels had one push tab that would always get loose. The top outer one to be exact. Sometimes it would cause the panel to get stuck when trying to open the door. New hardware wouldn't work. I got creative and fixed it another way.
    Last edited by HotWhip402; 05-14-2012 at 07:50 PM

EGR valve problem...code 0401...replaced EGR valve, but the code came back after only 9k miles (Galant 2004 ES, 109k)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12