The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Major Problem

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 32 of 32
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    look under the hood, go to the fuse box and it says which one is the ignition fuse, no need to guess.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    dude, if you need a starter or altenator let me know. I got over 20 of them in my garage and i only want 25 a pop for em.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Hey so we drove down to take a look at my car and the first thing I tried was to start it, which of course it started right up. Now its at the garage where my mechanic will take a look at it. After telling him what the car did, he too is leading towards it being the starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilyofthevalley View Post
    Hey so we drove down to take a look at my car and the first thing I tried was to start it, which of course it started right up. Now its at the garage where my mechanic will take a look at it. After telling him what the car did, he too is leading towards it being the starter.
    yeah it is probably most likely the starter.that is weird how it just started right up with out doing anything to it.
    Last edited by galantlvr34; 01-17-2011 at 02:30 PM

Quote Originally Posted by galantlvr34 View Post
    yeah it is probably most likely the starter.that is weird how it just stated right up with out doing anything to it.
    You're telling me. I had a hammer in hand and I was ready to hit it a few times. But I didn't question I just drove it the 32 miles to the garage in my town and I told me my mechanic that my car stranded me again. He was shocked like I was.

You're telling me. I had a hammer in hand and I was ready to hit it a few times. But I didn't question I just drove it the 32 miles to the garage in my town and I told me my mechanic that my car stranded me again. He was shocked like I was.
    i would have him replace the starter.the starter is probably original and on its way out.

Quote Originally Posted by galantlvr34 View Post
    i would have him replace the starter.the starter is probably original and on its way out.
    That is more than likely the plan. He's gonna take a look at it in the next day or so.

Okay so here's the update. My local mechanic took a look at everything and he said that I had a faulty battery terminal. He replaced that. He also said he checked the wires and they all look good. He seems to think the bad terminal was the cause of my problems. I just want to know if that makes sense to you guys?

I'm no mechanic but I've never heard of a faulty battery terminal. If it was broke I could see that happening but if it was not broke I'd get a second opinion. My car did this a while back I replaced the starter and it's been fine. But I would see what everyOne else thinks before I do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Oh, and sometimes the fat guy can lay the pipe. Just saying.....

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    if the terminal isnt getting a good connection it could cause a short in the system depending on how its sitting and now start and even ground out and drain the battery
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Okay so here's the update. My local mechanic took a look at everything and he said that I had a faulty battery terminal. He replaced that. He also said he checked the wires and they all look good. He seems to think the bad terminal was the cause of my problems. I just want to know if that makes sense to you guys?
    i think he means that the battery terminal is corroded and was not getting a good connection to the battery.

a terminal cant cause a short period. bad ground, bad connection yes
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12