The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Rear knuckle/control arm bushings

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

Rear knuckle/control arm bushings

Well, bushings for the upper rear knuckles are busted, where the upper rear control arm connects to the knuckle assembly. Does Energy Suspension sells them?
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

I don't think so... But you can get a kit for a 2g Gelipse that works from Prothane. At least i did!

Also ebay sells just the bushings on the cheap!

yes Energy sells them. I think you can get just these bushings, but youll have to call them
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Prothane all the way. If you just want the individual bushings I think DSMgraveyard sells just the upper knuckle bushings in pairs.

Do yourself a favor and just replace all of the bushings. Keeps every joint centered on 3 axis through the suspension travel. You'll curse and curse during the install, but you'll never believe what a difference it makes in literally every aspect of your suspension/handling.
    It turns every joint in the suspension into a steel hinge. Soooo nice. From the factory most of these joints function like limp dick handshakes.
    Truth be told.... if i had to start all over on a 7g/2g... I'd install prothanes before I even bought springs/coilovers for it.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

I need it...BAD. I think it's $80 for the rear kit. I need to find a temp solution for the knuckle bushings untill I purchase the complete kit.
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

u just made me buy a kit from ebay....
    Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr View Post
    Prothane all the way. If you just want the individual bushings I think DSMgraveyard sells just the upper knuckle bushings in pairs.

Do yourself a favor and just replace all of the bushings. Keeps every joint centered on 3 axis through the suspension travel. You'll curse and curse during the install, but you'll never believe what a difference it makes in literally every aspect of your suspension/handling.
    It turns every joint in the suspension into a steel hinge. Soooo nice. From the factory most of these joints function like limp dick handshakes.
    Truth be told.... if i had to start all over on a 7g/2g... I'd install prothanes before I even bought springs/coilovers for it.

PROTHANE. i have the energy ones on my car and while they're just as good, they are a PITA to install; they need to be pressed in while the prothane are a 2 piece design.
    From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

Anyone ever cut energy in half?????

OT: new curve lateral arm or can you press in the ball joint for the curve arm?

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

new
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post
    PROTHANE. i have the energy ones on my car and while they're just as good, they are a PITA to install; they need to be pressed in while the prothane are a 2 piece design.
    who sells them?

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    i can try to get them. Right now I got a brand new set of Moog sway bar link bushings going for cheap.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678