The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Ok Guys Going Big

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 27

Icon5 Ok Guys Going Big

I haved made my mind is either an rx8 or upgrading my galant.I look at the rx8 and the my galant and I say F*** you rx8.I love my G !lol
    Ok back on topic,I am thinking in buying a evo4 engine.Now look at this one on ebay:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=310283239070

My car is automatic,so it is coming with a manual trans,So I already know I am going to need a clutch line,clutch pedal,shifter assembly.This motor is pretty much is coming with everything,what else is it missing to complete the swap ?
    Also this is going to fit an l4 right ?

how much are you looking to spend for a swap?the evo4 engine will not work.
    Last edited by galantlvr34; 01-19-2011 at 12:12 AM

lol mines has the same things that one has.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcriaoxx View Post
    lol mines has the same things that one has.
    oh yeah it does i didnt see the alternator and everything.is the the transfer case removable on the transmission?
    Last edited by galantlvr34; 01-18-2011 at 09:12 PM

It says that its JDM? Your car if your car is USDM I dont think you can swap your motor for this JDM one.

FREEZE PUT YOUR NEWB HANDS ON TOP OF YOUR NEWB HEADS!

EVO 4 engine i believe wont fit with out major modification. you want a evo 8 engine.
    Im guessing you dont know much on the swap? i dont know much my self but i can tell somethings wrong........
    Last edited by Exhaust power; 01-18-2011 at 09:30 PM

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    That's not gunna fit..

yeah i am pretty sure the evo8 head will fit though.
    Last edited by galantlvr34; 01-19-2011 at 12:10 AM

:-( thx for the info.I am new to cars,so give me a lil break...plz lol
    Damn I really tho that engine was going to fit.Yeah but I am going to need sooo many stuff,I am going for this instead:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MITSU...item483e91fb84

What am I going to need in order to do this swap instead ?Evo ecu,injectors...?
    Last edited by Malcriaoxx; 01-18-2011 at 09:47 PM

:-( thx for the info.I am new to cars,so give me a lil break...plz lol
    Damn I really tho that engine was going to fit.
    what are your horse power goals?
    ill point you in the right direction

Quote Originally Posted by Exhaust power View Post
    what are your horse power goals?
    ill point you in the right direction
    200hp or more

I know boosting the head and some tuning it should surpass that.First,someone in here told me an evo 8 head(4g63) should fit to my block(4g64), and I have searched and I seen some people have done this head swap completely done and running.So I am guessing the head should fit but ever since this one is JDM would it fit ?
    Last edited by Malcriaoxx; 01-18-2011 at 10:08 PM

Experienced TGC Member Rach3T8G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by galantlvr34 View Post
    good luck
    - Chris -
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT: My DD
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT

you can easily hit 200+ with just turboing the stock block. just check your compression and see how healthy your block is. just gotta change the tranny since its crap. I wouldnt bother with a head swap unless you plan on going towards 300+. I remember awhile back that evo 4-8 heads will fit. evo 4g63 head is the same through all those years i assume. shouldnt be an issue besides wiring and mating parts for any head swap.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    evo 7-9 motor fits

all 4-8 heads are pretty much the same 9 is mivec which i wouldnt mess with

now as drone said, stock block and 16g with supporting fuel and tuning will get you there, hell even a 14b can. dont spend money you dont have to
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

^There you go Malcriaoxx the right path. 00-05 eclipse 5 speed and turbo the 4g64 sohc.
    now start your researching!

Quote Originally Posted by galantlvr34 View Post
    yeah i am pretty sure the evo8 engine will fit without modification or little modification.
    come on you should know more then that give more details. I mean the swap has been done before. I really want to know how much modifying to do. How about you go search for me instead of imagining?

no need to guess when the answer is a search button away. didnt some one catch you giving out wrong info already? im not trying to bust your balls.
    Last edited by Exhaust power; 01-19-2011 at 12:04 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Exhaust power View Post
    come on you should know more then that give more details. I mean the swap has been done before. I really want to know how much modifying to do. How about you go search for me instead of imagining?

no need to guess when the answer is a search button away. didnt some one catch you giving out wrong info already? im not trying to bust your balls.
    Lmao.

So I am going with the 4g64t 5-speed xD.I am going to make a video of this build.

Lmao.

So I am going with the 4g64t 5-speed xD.I am going to make a video of this build.
    instead of changing your mind every 10 seconds go research. With the stock block and minor upgrades to fuel and an ecu swap with an evo8 turbo you can easily hit 200 whp especially with an f5m42 from an eclipse.

I am not going to tell you how to build your car or spoon feed you the details. What you want to accomplish has been done before by many here. So use the search feature and ask informed questions rather than just saying I am buying this evo 4 engine and tranny for my fwd car.

Experienced TGC Member
    Before you go jumping ship, do some research. The RX-8 may look sweet. But Ive heard bad things about rotary engines. Most notably their high maintenance costs.

Stack some money. Do some research. Formulate a plan. And then EXECUTE.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast