The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: indiglo gauges

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 46

indiglo gauges

I was just wondering how hard it would be to install the reverse indiglo gauges on my 95? I was looking at them on ebay and it said that proffesionnal installation is highly recommended... I also read some previous posts and it says to connect the wires to the dimmer switch but my dimmer switch isnt working, would it stilll work if i connected the gauges to it?
    95 Galant S ~> 5 Speed Manual

Experienced TGC Member
    The install is easy if you are comfortable messing with your gauge cluster. You can use this tutorial as a guide if you choose to do it yourself: EL Gauges Install
    That install is nearly identical to the 7g, the small diferences you should be able to figure out on your own.

I would test that dimmer switch to see if you can find the problem because it could be as simple as the harness not being in all the way. But never-the-less you can still wire the gauges to you actual headlight switch via the steering wheel column.
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

says on ur mod list that u have indiglo's already, i'll be careful cuz if u glued down the regular ones u'll have a hell of a time putting the reverse ones on....I'll do it for you for $40 if u live in NYC

JADIEN
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NycTrini)</div><div class='quotemain'>says on ur mod list that u have indiglo's already</div>

It says "Upcoming Mod's"....

oops my bad.....i can do them and ur corners too PM if interested for pricing

Do not connect your indiglos to your dimmer. It can damage them since the unit won't receive full power. I ran mine off the parking lights instead.
    You gain knowledge through learning not by increasing your post count...please search

yea i dont have any on there right now, i'm gonna go ahead and follow the tutorial that 2true gave me the link for and give it a shot.. i placed a bid on them from ebay.. the silver reverse one's

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jluv97)</div><div class='quotemain'>Do not connect your indiglos to your dimmer. Â*It can damage them since the unit won't receive full power. Â* I ran mine off the parking lights instead.</div>

You didn't connect them to the GREEN wire? That wire has constant power to the switch, the black return wire is the one that is actually dimmed by the switch.
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

mine are off my dimmers RECEIVE and GROUND, i didnt tap off the wire that the actual lights recieve

i lost the auction on ebay for the reverse indiglo.. so i'm thinkinng on gettinng teh EL NIGHT GLOW gauges.. does anyone have these? what do you think about them?.. i heard that these burn out in less than a year?

my indiglos are regular indiglo and going on 2 years now

ok maybe i'll get those then.. they go better with my headunit anyway

Experienced TGC Member
    Mine are the regular reverse EL and they have lasted a year now no problem. These ones.. .
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

nah i didnt get those .. they are just EL INDIGLO GAUGES.. they are not reverse

Experienced TGC Member
    These are kewl 8)

SUPERWHITE!!
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

NYCtrini or anyone else who has installed these before:
    Is there any other way to hold the new gauges down so that the needles dont get stuck other than crazy glue? thanks

Galant Ryder
    you can try a glue gun. it wont be as permenant as the crazy glue. or you can try some GUM!!!

Galant Ryder
    Quote Originally Posted by 2True
    Mine are the regular reverse EL and they have lasted a year now no problem. These ones.. .
    Yes these are the reverse...

These arent..they are regular

Quote Originally Posted by Nyr0283
    NYCtrini or anyone else who has installed these before:
    Is there any other way to hold the new gauges down so that the needles dont get stuck other than crazy glue? thanks
    Strong double sided tape, but even that would fuck up ur oem, Krazy glue is the easier way to go and it can be removed with a heat gun

ok, i guess i'll go with the krazy glue cus the needles keep getting stuck. thanks guys

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast