The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: indiglo gauges

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 46
    try pulling ur needles up a little bit

ok i krazy glued them down and the speedometer, odemeter, and the temp one works fine.. BUT.. the gas one doesnt seem to be working.. now i had about 3/4 to a full tank before i installed them and the needle was somewhere in-between the two marks but when i installed the gauges i moved it to about halfway so it would slide in better. I put the gauge cluster back and went for a ride but the needle is still on the 1/2 way mark and i looked twice and the gauge doesnt seem to be keeping it from moving.do i have to put it back exactly where it was, shouldnt it go back by itself??.. any ideas?
    95 Galant S ~> 5 Speed Manual

BEAST
    Go fill up your gas tank and then put your needle on F. That should probably take care of it.

that MAY not work...I had to remove my OEM gas one for the gauge to work properly......i'm still 1/8 of a tank off tho

ok i'll try what BEAST said first... if that dont work, i guess the OEM gauge is coming off

wait im confused i just got my reverse el today... am i suppose to plug red to green and black to black???
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

yup, red (positive) goes to the green wire on the dimmer switch, and black (negative) goes to black wire.

koo thanks

ok well i took off the indiglo gauge (the gas one) and when i turn on the car it goes to 1/4 tank. I know i definetly have more than that cus i just filled up on saturday and i only drove to school and work 2 times.. and usually it'll last at least a week and a half. I pushed the needle back up to full but it just keeps going back down to 1/4... any ideas?

pull it out then re-place it i had the same prob.

alright.. i'll give it a shot

didnt work.. still going back down to 1/4

ok where its at 1/4 is ur cars F mark, turn the car off, pull needle off completely, put it on F and push all the way down and then u should be there....also to check if its right, after the needle is on glide it down to E and start teh car, it should build up to F

yea thats what laxattack said to do but i didnt pull the needle off all the way.. it popped up a little but it wouldnt come out all they way.. am i suppose to force it out or should it just come out with a little pull?

just pull, it wotn break

pull the black part in the center

great, it works!! they look good too.. thanks for the help guys

no problem

no prob

okay i couldnt work on it the day be for, but im working on it as of right now... where did you guys glue it i glued it a little bit at each corner but that didnt work kuz none of my gauges worked do i just glue it every where all my needle dont work so far???

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast