The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Totaled or Not?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 41
    Good Luck !
    Buy all the parts you need first.If the frame is damage I would consider you buying another car.The car wont drive the same

All i can say is my car looked WAY worse. Ever heard of a core replacement?

Quote Originally Posted by fauskie View Post
    Just north of Harrisburg.
    ok cool im from wilkes barre hope you fix it up .

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

Just wanted to update the thread;

bought car back from insurance for 300

replaced front and rear bumper cover, left fender, both fender splash guards, driver side mirror, front right headlight, front right foglight and the grills. my right rear quarter panel got pushed in a good 3-4 inches. I also needed to buy two new tires, the ones on the right side popped off the wheel and were sliced pretty good. the wheels were still in decent shape.

was going to just have the individual pieces painted but the maaco in my area had deal on paint job for 250 for the second tier paint job. in addition to the new paint job, Im having them pull the right rear quarter panel back out in place.

I should be able to pick the car up Wednesday or Thursday and Ill post pics of car as soon as I get it back.

tip; dont buy the plastic rivet fasteners from autozone or pepboys, they are dog shit!

question; the smaller grills that are next to the foglights, where the hell do I get these? cannot seem to find them on ebay, mitsubishi parts store or rockauto. also cannot find the splash cover that covers the lower pulley and belt.

thanks again for all the help!

i have a couple of those idk if the clips are still in tact though if u want ill dig them out nd pm u a pic

i almost bought new ones off ebay butt i talked to a body shop and he said he can get me new bumpers for 85$ each, i ended up letting them order me a rear bumper cover while it was in paint saved me time and money, also i told them not to install it as well witch saved me labor

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    thats pretty good news

Picture Update

Still have minor things to do to car; new grills, install foglights and smaller grills next to foglights and replace the front right headlight.
    Maaco from harrisburg, PA did a decent job for me, pulled the right rear quarter panel and did me a one stage pearl close to the original color (dover white pearl).
    compare to pics from first page after the accident.......

how much did maaco charge you? i might get repainted some time soon.

Looks good buy the way!

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

Paint job was 350. They had special on the presidential package.

Looks great! You can't even tell it happened. Good job man
    -Andrew

Looks really nice for what you put into it, especially considering where it started. I'd be really happy with that result.

the car looks really good,you did a nice job on getting it back to what it used to be before the accident.

Great job!! I would of probably gotten a body kit or a JDM conversion (if I had more money to waste) but you did great bringing her back to life though.

Looks great! what rims are those?

72,500 miles as of 3/30/11

Wow by comparison that looks very nice you did a good job on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Colton5419 View Post
    Looks great! what rims are those?
    I know they are TSWs but I couldn't tell you what style. I need two center caps and haven't had any luck finding the style. They were on the car when I bought it.

woa.. nice... Really impressed.. good job on the fic man.. and 350 for paint job.. damnnn.. whole car?

i honestly thought it was a total.. but hey, if it was running, and no frame damage, and it was all cosmetic.. i prolly would fixed her up to.. my old 8g had a smashed radiato supprt and deaded frame.. so that was a no go for me.. but again nice job man... Be proud o ur work.. she's a beaut

IMMORTALIZED CUSTOMS
    Sid Mundo Production

I bet the car is happy now :D

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast