The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: suspension time!

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

suspension time!

If i were to go with aftermarket shocks like the agx's, would it be possible to leave my factory springs on the rears and put lowering springs (like the eibach's) on the fronts, to get a more aggressive-looking stance? Or would this create too many alignment issues? Hopefully that's not too stupid of a question.

I'm just ready to do suspension now... my front drivers side is starting to sag... and it bothers me a lot.

Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar
    possible yes, but you should not do it. Springs are sold for all 4 struts for a reason.

If you want to be able to adjust your height in the rear you should get coilovers.

It's not about having alignment issues, with proper front camber kit you should be ok. It's about not having very stable ride when tuning. The saggy stock rear springs may give you the same height as eibach springs, but they do not react the same. You'll have the front end "feeling" the road surface more and the rear end will do that less which will create imbalance between front and rear.

On other hand, if you just drive the car just to drive it, w.o any spirited cornering then you should be fine.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Alright, thanks for the info. Yeah I try not to fly around the corners too much, but I still want a reliable setup, not worth risking the handling of my car just to make it look better. I'm going to save up and just buy coilovers.