The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Venom 400 Performance chip

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

Venom 400 Performance chip

Anyone use or has seen one of these on a galant. it promises alot

it promises nothing but false hopes and an emptier wallet
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    i know a guy that saw a guy that knew a guy that once passed by a car that had been painted. Ill ask him tomorrow after consulting my magic ball to determine WHERE YOU LIVE in proximity to a paint shop NEAR WHERE YOU LIVE..................

Yeah dude performance chips are a waste of money.

I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stepsascend View Post
    Yeah dude performance chips are a waste of money.
    You should specify...on this platform. Performance chips(proper ones) can take a stock '92 BMW 325i to new heights by raising the redline and getting more out of the engine. On our platforms they are worthless.

Well, he asked about chips for his galant, so I didn't think the "for galants" was really necessary, but it was a pretty broad statement.

I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this.

Experienced TGC Member
    "Hackish" is getting things finalized for tuning the 9th Gen and 4th Gen Eclipse ECUs, basically the same as EcuFlash we use for the 8th Gen Galant and 3rd Gen Eclipse for tuning.

You will want to get in touch with that member on club9g, they have some more details over there for tuning the 9th Gen.

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

dont chip ecu flash best bang for the buck. oh yea aem is BS too, i know i tryed to link it up. and it no worky!
    Your signature is against the rules too - Prophet

okay because yeah i was reading reviews on them. most were positive reviews with V6 or V8 . i have the 3.8l mivec v6 so i was just curious to see what you guys had to say. $300 bucks isn't bad for 25 hp+ if that is what it really does

Quote Originally Posted by brent-ralliart08 View Post
    okay because yeah i was reading reviews on them. most were positive reviews with V6 or V8 . i have the 3.8l mivec v6 so i was just curious to see what you guys had to say. $300 bucks isn't bad for 25 hp+ if that is what it really does
    300$ for .25 hp lol

That sounds more accurate when it comes to these chips + our galants

funny how only one person with a 9g comments on this post, everyone else doesnt have one.

Check the ECU reflash thread... I'll be starting to update it....

Don't get a chip...
    You have 2 options:

1. Piggyback - Good gains, customization. However you lose the ability of your ECU safe guards, engine knock being one.
    2. ECU reflash - Customizable rev limiter, speed limiter unlock, good gains, properly functioning engine. One time deal, you don't like it, you gotta ship it back. HOWEVER, a end user tool to do it yourself is in the works.... I checked it out last night, seems to be working.

Personally I think #2 is the best bet. Hang on to your coin and wait for further advancement of this tool. Trust me, it won't be to long.
    Last edited by monnewbie3; 02-11-2011 at 08:06 AM

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    NOOOOOOO DONT DO IT!!! I have done this years ago...i spent 400 bucks on that Venom 400 and it did nothing but mess up my RPM'S and make it go crazy. Just a lil tap on the gas and it will have you engine revving at high RPM'S and it will completely embarrass you and I promise noooo hp gain, just sending your ECU into confusion. So i ripped mine out and didnt even care about getting a refund...right in the trash.

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft