The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: All wheel drive

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 45
    Good job. I also plan to do AWD. It is better to use part of the Outlender 2003-2006. He was issued with engines 4G64 and 4G69, and has an automatic transmission and mechanics. Front and rear beam, too. Nothing should be cut. You can use the ECU to control 4WD. Drive, brake discs and 4 piston calipers well as suitable. Transmission Outlender is designed for higher torque. Therefore there is possibility to install a turbo or supercharger. Left to save a little money...

Have decided to use this rear axle from Endeavour...it is also PS41 floor pan...will probably just fit straight in.

Very impressive. Subscribed

Bought an Endeavour wreck from a Texas auction, it's getting shipped to australia for me to dismantle.

This will be interesting as it will have all the ecu's as well.

Hey, friend. Is there any news on the project?
    Turbo - it is a snail, but the bitch is very fast.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    AWD install, then delete FWD. RWD Galant FTW!!
    +1 ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by stayer View Post
    Hey, friend. Is there any news on the project?

The parts are coming in 4 seperate consignments from Chicago, Connecticut, and Carson.

The company i got them from failed to drain the oil from the differential and DHL refused to air freight it from Connecticut, so had to ship the whole lot to carson to go in a container by ship....60 days.

then the shipping company could not find a part of it cause they were moving house, but found it 2 weeks later and sent it on the next ship.

So about 30 days to go...although one of the rear axles showed up with DHL just out of the blue...

So I have one rear endeavour axle so far that cost me $500 including freight with DHL.

As soon as I fit the rear axle will post some pics...watch this space.

If i was in the US i would just transplant a pile of Endeavour bits...BUT...your steering wheel and brake master cylinder are completely wrong side for me...we are RHD in australia.

I understand. This is not done quickly. I, too, began to do AWD. More precisely, I haven't started, but already bought the parts.I bought the differential gearbox, rear gear in the assembly.

I'm a little bit easier than you. I have a small car cemetery.

I'm a little bit easier than you. I have a small car cemetery.

I know you are a very talented fabricator.

Try this.

Put the Endeavour rear axle in to your galant.

Put an electric motor to drive rear wheels.

I have been thinking about AWD/RWD "on demand" doing it that way, you could have the thing installed very cheaply, use Lithium batteries and they are very light too....LOL

Thank you, red! I thought about it, but I want a full drive. When I install the supercharger, I need to implement torque. I need a full drive. I consider the electric motor in the middle of the shaft. You understand, yes? If in the interval where is the pto drive shaft, install the electric motor, it will turn out Galant hybrid. Thus, for example in traffic jams, he will move on electric. Or for example budge quietly. If you need a powerful acceleration, the electric motor adds its torque for the gasoline engine.I will think about it. On my cemetery there are two hybrid. Prius and Honda.

^ Go for it! That would be AWESOME!
    -Andrew

any updates on the theme?

How do you acquire so much inventory?
    -Andrew

Thank you, red! I thought about it, but I want a full drive. When I install the supercharger, I need to implement torque. I need a full drive. I consider the electric motor in the middle of the shaft. You understand, yes? If in the interval where is the pto drive shaft, install the electric motor, it will turn out Galant hybrid. Thus, for example in traffic jams, he will move on electric. Or for example budge quietly. If you need a powerful acceleration, the electric motor adds its torque for the gasoline engine.I will think about it. On my cemetery there are two hybrid. Prius and Honda.
    You know, i was just thinking... A hybrid could make the G a "sleeper," if you will. Instant torque?

Sorry to double post!
    -Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by DTP View Post
    How do you acquire so much inventory?
    Cemetery of cars not my business, I have a 30% stake. Many people do not want to buy new parts. The cemetery is in demand, part of the engine, transmission, axle, brake and other very quickly sold. This gives a 400% profit from the price for which bought the destroyed car. This is very profitable. The main thing that the cars must be almost new 3-4 years. Models should be popular, are not rare. Cars are purchased from insurance companies. This is profitable for the insurance company, it is beneficial to us. My main business is the logistics and cargo transportation within Russia. Tuning - this is only a hobby. In June 2011 bought a new transport.

Quote Originally Posted by DTP View Post
    A hybrid could make the G a "sleeper," if you will. Instant torque?
    I don't quite understand the meaning of the phrase. "sleeper" - it's so slow?

no, sleeper means that it is fast but it looks like a regular car

I don't quite understand the meaning of the phrase. "sleeper" - it's so slow?
    It's a car that you don't expect to be fast. Nobody can tell the work you've done until they're in your rearview.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    -Andrew

Will you be offsetting the tie rod ends up to match this? You'll have wicked bump steer if you don't. Also, will you be adding any bracing to the risers you've got there so they don't snap off?
    - Nick, 94 Galant ES - 4G64 DOHC Turbo AWD, E3-16G & Manifold, 780cc inj, fmic, DS-MAP Speed Density

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge..." - Charles Darwin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast