The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How do I replace turn signal lever?

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

How do I replace turn signal lever?

I have already done a search on the subject, but I could only find info on 1999+ cars. I have a 1998 ES.

My left turn signal is stuck on, it is blinking, no matter what position the lever is in, Ie down, middle, or up.

I am assuming that something inside the lever broke, so I want to replace it. My question is is it hard to do myself? I know on the newer Galants you just have to take the upper and lower covers around the steering wheel off, then the lever is held on with two clips. Is this also the case in the 1998?

Also, I took the two left turn signal bulbs out, so I would be less likely to get pulled over. Now the car makes this awful buzzing sound all the time. I think that it is the flasher module. If it is the flasher module, how do I take it out and where is it? I would only want to take it out until I get the new lever.

Thanks,
    Matt

Try to use this as a reference. hope it helps out

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...n+signal+lever

There are 4 screws in the bottom of the column cover, take those out remove the top cover, the bottom cover should fall loose but it is hard to get off of the lilt lock so just let it hang. You will now have access to the turn signal switch. There are 2 screws holding it in the side and then you pull it out towards the right unplug it and your done.

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Oh, and sometimes the fat guy can lay the pipe. Just saying.....