The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: best

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    deserteagle

best

What are the best brand of tires to get. I have Falken tires on now and I need some more. (18inch)

there isn't a best brand. but yea try to find one that best suites ur driving conditions. where u live, the types of roads u drive on, ur driving styles, do u race, do u xcross, do u wear ur tires all the time or do u switch em out, do want osmething that lasts long, how much ur willing to spend etc etc.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

u get what u pay for...

it really depends on what u mean by best. do u want best dry traction, or do you want best all weather traction, or best treadwear rating? there is no one "brand" that is the best at all of these. even among brands there are better tires at certain aspects.

i have had 225/40zr18:

falken grB
    dunlop w-10 (2 sets)
    pirelli 7000 (2 sets)
    yokohama parada spec 2 (current 1 and a 1/2 sets)

the falken's had the most grip but when they let loose there was no warning (no sound) and didn't last very long
    the dunlops had the best wet traction but squeeled like crazy on hard dry corners
    the pirelli's were the longest wearing and were between the falken's and dunlops
    i love my yoko's just cuz they look cool.

by the way i have a '99 ES V6 and i drive to limit alot so that's why i have gone through so many tires... i figured i've spent about $4500 just on tires so far.

I think Im gonna go with the parada spec 2's, I heard nothing but good things about them, plus good all around traction in dry or wet conditions.

By the way does any one know where I can get a set of yoko parada spec 2's for cheap?? Size 225/40/ZR18?
    2001 Galant I4 Dover Pearl

Mods:
    Injen CAI
    GC Coilovers
    18x8.5 ADR M-Classics
    225/40HR Kumho Ectsa Supra's
    Nokya H4 Headlights
    Clear Corners
    Reverse Indiglo Guages

Soon to Come...
    Apexi N-1 Exhaust
    x2 JL Audio W6 Subs

I got the parada spec 2s on my car in 18s...check Ebay...you'll find a set every now and then...
    or www.tirerack.com
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition