The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Lowered, oil changes, and other questions

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Icon11 Lowered, oil changes, and other questions

For all the people who are lowered, can you list springs from the least to most drop amount, excluding coilovers. Which struts are available for our cars and the best ones to use. The best combo for a comfortable ride with least amount of drop. Are there any other parts that has to be replaced? Is it possible to do oil changes without driving on ramps or wood? Sorry for all the dumb questions, but I have never driven a lowered vehicle before and just concerned about possible problems in the future. Thanks

I would personally go with Tein S-Tech springs and KYB AGX shocks and struts.

The Tein drop is 1.7" in the front and 1.3" in the rear. And the KYB AGXs' are adjustable for ride stiffness.

As far as the oil change, you will need to put your car on a ramp or jack it up even; but that's not a big hassle.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    if you want to go very low you will most likely need some kind of ramp before you jack it up, i use bricks. to answer your other questions, the search function is at the top. there has been MANY other threads asking the same question. learn to use it. =]

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar
    I am on coilovers and I can fit a jack under my car with no bricks/wood/ramps. Ride is a little stiff but only on rough roads.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    lucky. if i were half an inch higher i could maybe fit the jack lol. but i dont wanna

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

blue8g
    I'm pretty sure there's zero chance of me fitting a jack under mine lol

Grab a shovel, dig a hole deep enough for 1 guy and an oil bucket, and work like the guys at Jiffy Lube without lifting the car.

Or you can get a low profile jack lift from Walmart around $50.

Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    Grab a shovel, dig a hole deep enough for 1 guy and an oil bucket, and work like the guys at Jiffy Lube without lifting the car.

Or you can get a low profile jack lift from Walmart around $50.
    agreeed i have a lowrider jack and its a great help for lowered cars
    Nobody built like u, u desighn ur self.

5spd swap
    full custom body conversion
    18x9 Works VS
    Big 16g evo3T next project

Well,to go up or down you gonna have to turn sideways in order not to destroy or scratch your bumper.
    The best thing for you is coilovers,Lets say you do drop your car and you don't like it.With the advantage of having coilovers you could lift it back up to normal xD !! I know AMAZING! and no it is not magic lol.Coilovers are a bit expensive but your pretty much set with coilovers.

Why do our cars have to have a massive 6 finger gap in the front? What are my options if I wanted to have 3 or 4 finger gap in the front? The GTZ seems to be lowered a little, how many finger gap does it have in the front with stock wheels?